Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerpoint help please

• 09-09-2003 11:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm trying to put an avi clip into powerpoint from my camera. The clip plays fine in media player, but when i put it into powerpoint via insert objects, i get the message cannpt play missing vids:mjpg. Similarly if i try insert movie from file nothing happens.

I think i am missing a codec or something anyone know where i can get it and easily install it? This is for my work computer so not sure how much i can mess around with it, also the presentation will be given on someones laptop not this computer so if i fix it here will it still not work on the other machine?

regards

data

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

This may not help but..i use a small proggy called gspot to determine what codec an avi needs - it will also show if its installed on the machine. However, seeing as it already plays with media player you must have the codec already??

If it is a codec problem, once gspot gives you the name of the codec, google it and it should come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

thats a very handy feature for the codecs, been looking for an app to do that for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

thanks for you help, the program says there are two compatible codecs

AVI draw
    MJPEG decompressor

it is also able to render the file

however i am still getting the same error in powerpoint?

Advertisement