Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco 803 Router Documentation required

Options
  • 09-09-2003 11:27am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok guys,

Have a cisco 803 router here and it hasnt been used for a while due to the fact that it was upgraded about 18 months ago to a higher spec model.

The problem is, the tech who worked here before me seems to have mislaid all the cd's documentation etc for it. Does anyone out there know where i can get the config tools, documentation etc for it.

Ive searched the cisco site and the web, googled it and everything else I can think of, but unless you are a cisco reseller, have a valid maintenance contract etc, they dont want to know.

Maybe someone out there has a CD that I can make a copy of, or at least the pdf's on it.

Thanks,

Tox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

www.cisco.com/go/800. A lot of the information will apply.

Zab.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Been there, but like i said unless you're a registered user, there is very little that you can actually download or get to..

Any you can only be a registered user if you have a valid maintenance contract, have bought the unit within the last 12 months or are a cisco reseller..

So its a dead end... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Why don't you just take out another maintenence contract with them?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

believe me Ive tried to get them to fork out for one, but they wont at the moment as they see it as non essential spending.. :mad:

This probably isn't the best place to be asking. I'd imagine if you can only download the docs. etc. when you have a contract, then asking for them on a board is no different than asking for links to warez.

• Advertisement

Ohh ok.. didnt think of that...

NOTE: Im not looking for anything illegal

Its not illegal to copy the docs as far as i know, its just that the full support package that the site offers if only available to those that have that contract, but Im not looking for anything illegal, just the docs/pdf's that will help me with this...

Im just looking for some documentation.. anything that will help me configure this thing.. :(

Take a look at some sample configs or else download the Cisco Config Maker (it's free).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Downloading the Installation Guide for you at the moment. Anything else you need bearing in mind im on 56k?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

www.mbroaders.utvinternet.com/ciscoinstall.pdf
    www.mbroaders.utvinternet.com/basicsce.pdf

Hope they help you. If not, im sure you will get lots of help from the lads here.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowbar

you don't need a login to access their documentation home:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/home/home.htm

from there you should be able to find all the product doco for the 803, and the ios documentation too. and as frank_grimes mentioned, use configmaker. it's quite adequate for setups with simple requirements.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help guys...

There must have been something wrong with the link the other day as I was tryin to download the IOS documentation and the configmaker and it was having none of it... :mad:

Ill give it another try for the umteenth time...

Tox

Advertisement