Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Powerpoint Problem - Powerpoint can't read ***.ppt

• 09-09-2003 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am having an odd issue with powerpoint.

The .ppt file I am trying to open in the preview (or thumbnail) view in Windows XP however when I try to open it I get

"Powerpoint can't read ***.ppt"

Any ideas?

/Kone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

google is your friend. hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Cheers mate, I already googled it, no joy :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Do you have power point ?

XP puts icons on lots of docs that you can't open eg *.mdb

if you have Broadband try www.openoffice.org - who needs M$ powerpoint ?
    There is also the M$ powerpoint viewer.

If you have powerpoint
    save the file onto the desktop - click on it to highlight it in blue.
    Then (and only then) shift-right click - you now get the open with menu and can re-associate it with that app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dave Hall

Read Powerpoint Recovery Guide section on this page http://www.fdrlab.com/tips/powerpoint.html
    Hope you solve your problem

Dave Hall

[tips Ok - but removed spam 'cos similar messages on loads of other boards - CM]

Advertisement