Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS memory card annoyance

Options
  • 09-09-2003 1:25pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭

There's one thing that really annoys me about the PS memory cards. About 90% of games don't support the second memory card slot. It's even more annoying when you are using your PS2 to play both PS1 and PS2 games. It really is a pain in the arse juggling memory cards from one slot to the other. I mean would it actually kill the developers to add support for the 2nd memory card slot especially since the main offenders seem to be big well known companies such as Squaresoft. The situation has improved with slightly the PS2 games but I can still name a few offenders.

Rant over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Since losing my 197% complete save of Castlevania SoTN to a third-party card, I've used nothing but official Sony memory cards - makes you wonder if they don't do it on purpose. Conversly, I use nothing by third party memory cards for my GC and I've never had a single problem.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Same thing happened to me with a third party card and tomb raider 3. Was on the second last level when it happened.

Advertisement