Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with sound on pc

• 09-09-2003 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hello

I have no problems playing mp3s while not on the internet
    but once i go on the net the music seems to skip

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭davemc

Joe .....give us details of your computer first....Has this only recently started playing up??...regards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭joe bloggs

pentium 4 2.6

creative audio 5.1

ram 512

graphics radeon 9700pro

a dell deminsion 4550

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

welcome to the wonderful world of winmodems that eat cpu time... should really only happen during dialling and disconnecting though. go purchase a decent hardware one or try upping the priority in winamp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭joe bloggs

no i think its a hardware modem it was fine for 6 months but start up lately only a new dell is a winmodem a software modem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

if the modem came with your dell and isn't external then its a software/winmodem.

either way somethings eating up your cpu .. check your processes in task manager and the cpu usage (%).

• Advertisement
Advertisement