Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV HTTP cache

Options
  • 09-09-2003 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if it is possible to bypass the HTTP cache that UTV Internet are using? I just changed the nameservers for my domain name but the UTV cache wont update................... every other ISP I use returns the new server....

Thanks alot,
    -andrew

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

The cache would be independent of the nameservers. Their DNS could just be slow to refresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭iano

Andrew,
    If this is still a problem, it is (as Frank_Grimes hinted) going to be down to nameserver cache or configuration.

When you update DNS details for a domain, particularly the Nameserver details (usually when moving from one ISP/hosting company to another), it can take several days for the details to fully propogate worldwide.

Nameservers which happen to have an entry in their cache (i.e. someone queried a host/subdomain of your domain) will not go back to the root servers to check the correct name servers until their timers expire.

Also, unless you tell the old ISP/hosting company that they are no longer your primary name server, they will continue to serve the out-of-date information to their customers.

If you are still having the problem and are not familiar with dig/nslookup etc., either post or PM the details (domain, old primary NS, new Primary NS) and I'll take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

thanks for the replies :)

as you said, it was just taking its time to propagate........

Everythings working fine now though.

thanks,
    -andrew

Advertisement