Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching for ET.

Options
  • 15-05-1999 3:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone who's actually intrested, SETI have thier SETI@Home project now set up. You get a screen saver that scans for alien radio signals from uploaded information.

check out.

http://www.setiathome.com

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Ja I heard about this ages ago on Telly,
    all it does AFAIR is run number crunching software when your machine is idle, they give each user a diff area to crunch thus making use of all the PC's out there in the hope that someone manages to decode a genuine ET signal. It's actually an idea we had ourselves long before them to hard search keys from satellite cards, infact theres a new group doing it now but their setup all ars*ways.

Blade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

you are the fuccking definition of a nerd hobbes, the personification, you sicken me you sad cardboard axe carrying freak

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hey hobbes,
    did you find this or did they find you wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

rofl - as sure as night follows day... smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Castor Troy (edited 15-05-99).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

lol you can set your watch by him smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K