Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom flat rate radio advert

Options
  • 09-09-2003 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭

Yep they couldn't resist...

"Now you can connect all you want for just 30 Euro a month.
    Anyimte you want " yada yada

<evil cackle>Do I smell a trip to the ASAI?</evil cackle>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i wonder does it say terms and conditions apply at like 90mph? at the end of the ad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭beezkneez

dunno what all this , 'connect all you want 'crap is about. the deal is u can connect for 25hrs per month (off peak) for 9.99 euro.
    seeing as a dsl connection or any decent broadband service isnt available throughout ireland, its a reasonable price to pay.

you can also pay 30 a month for 150 hrs (on or off peak) but with approx 720 hrs in a month its not great al all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Originally posted by bealtine

Go ahead, but as usual they'll do ****-all about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Originally posted by Glennus
    Go ahead, but as usual they'll do ****-all about it.

Dunno about that, the last one I sent off about Esat they replied and said that Esat apologised and changed their ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

quote:

If nothing else it annoys them and then they have to pull the advert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

quote:

If nothing else it annoys them and then they have to pull the advert

So have you sent of your complaint or are you just waffling on about it and expecting somebody else to do it for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Originally posted by Neo-
    Dunno about that, the last one I sent off about Esat they replied and said that Esat apologised and changed their ad!

Yeah, but that's only if the company decides to change the ad itself following a complaint - the ASAI don't seem to have any powers to force them to remove an ad, being toothless wonders like most other Irish regulatory bodies.

For example, look at the recent complaints regarding eircom's advertising for it's "50% cheaper" broadband service. The ASAI said they'd received the same complaints as when eircom advertised their first i-stream product, and that they were "disappointed" that eircom had not taken the advice on board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

have not heard the radio, the print ads are pretty honest (shockingly honest by Eircom standards) .

who's been to the ASAI then?

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i heard the ad for the €9.99 deal the other morning and it said connect for 25 off peak hours. i was surprised to hear no mention of the150 hours deal

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Muck
    who's been to the ASAI then?
    Haven't heard the ad.

The ASAI also haven't replied to my last complaint. Or to my complaint about their not replying. Larry McCarthy is quite slow at answering emails ("quite slow" in this case means "takes longer than a fortnight").

(Larry is the "Assistant CEO" of the ASAI. Not the "Deputy CEO" so I don't know if that means he's the CEO's assistant or the assistants' CEO)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

I heard the €ircon radio ad and it sounded uncharacteristically transparent - detailing no of hours and price - plus the 'terms and conditions' mularkey at the end...

However, came accross these ads here - where they're back to selling 'flat rate' ....without any mention of an 'hours surfed' cap.

Advertisement