Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaving Netsource...

• 09-09-2003 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Netsource have throttled my account. They suggested the SME service. Okay fair enough, says I, send me an application form. I asked how much of a charge would I have to pay. They told me the full whack!
    €200 for an engineer to come out to my house to do absolutely nothing. I already have a modem, so what's the point?
    I'm moving to either eircom or IOL/Esat now. (Funnilly enough, I can't even access the www.iol.ie website. Any other Netsource users have this problem?)

Anyway, to get to the point of this thread, I'm wondering if anyone in the same position as me has managed to get Netsource to release them from the service immediately, instead of the 2 month rolling contract obligation? If so, I'd be delighted to hear how you managed it (Copy & Paste emails please!). Will I be forced to cancel payment before they sit up and take notice of me?

Cheers for any and all advice. I seriously don't know what I'd do without this forum :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I'm tryin to do the same thing with IOL now.. on a year contract but trying to leave it for IBB.. there's nothing wrong with IOL though it's a good service it's just IBB has become available in my area - will let you know how it goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Originally posted by Jonnie_Onion
    Funnilly enough, I can't even access the www.iol.ie website. Any other Netsource users have this problem?

Working fine here, loads a bit slow (comparively) in ie6 to firebird , but then so does everything :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

do they throttle SME?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Jonnie_Onion

No. They've suggested SME to people who have been throttled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

they just want more money plain, simple and impudent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

It all smacks of the IOL surf unlimited *for some reasion i cant remember if thats the right name* arse up a few years back Netsource is finding out they cant offer the product their selling and the custumers are suffering

pitty really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

how come no one is going to utv

They have a cap and don't have a premium service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

well in fairenss if trottling is what i get on an uncapped service, then they can shove it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Sorry for going OT
    Originally posted by Longfield
    Working fine here, loads a bit slow (comparively) in ie6 to firebird , but then so does everything :)

But yes, doesn't firebird rock :ninja:

I don't know how all you ie users survive without tabbed browsing, search bar, pop-up blocking, cookie control, ad blocking and the hundreds of other cool power user features in firebird.

Comparing ie6 to firebird is like comparing ie3 to ie6.

If you haven't already check out firebird at: www.mozilla.org
    and if that doesn't take your fancy, then try out www.opera.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by Boston
    how come no one is going to utv

pings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

I cancelled my Direct debit to Netsource when they throttled me.
    I sent them an email after i did it telling them what i did and why and if i only get half the service/speed (i was throttled) i would send them a checque every month for half the monthly charge.
    A couple of days later they called me about it and after a bit of arguing said that they would un-throttle me if i signed new dd forms.
    I agreed to this but said if it happens again i'll just leave after cancelling the DD.
    Went home last night and sure enough i was un throttled.
    Now waiting for the forms in the post.
    You need to tell your bank though that Netfarce wont let you cancel and that they are abusing the agreement and they will let you cancel from your account then.

I threatened to cancel payment (I'm paying by credit card, can you even cancel payment that way?). They suddenly offered to upgrade me at half the original cost. I'm not moving anymore. Unless the IBB LOS works out well (doubtful, I'm just on the cusp), in which case I'll be cancelling again and honouring the 2 month rolling contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

Its amazing how helpfull they get when you cancel the payment isnt it :)
    Worked wonders on all sorts of different services i get.
    If im not happy with the service i cancel the payment FIRST and then call them or email them to tell them why. They seem to listen better.

With regard to Netfarces SME package.
    Do you really belive them when they give you the exact same shpeel they gave when selling SOHO.
    They will change it when it suits them.
    All you have to do is read James_Melody's thread about how the screwed him on the SME package.

Different excuse, but they needed to get rid of a heavy downloader so they made up somthing else.

Maybe all this negativity towards them on boards will teach them a lesson.

Fire the person who started all this **** netfarce or you'll only ened up doing it again.

By the way, nice of netfarce to come on here and explain themselve wasnt it?

They were all over boards when they had good press.
    Face the music you plonkers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by DaithiSurfer
    They were all over boards when they had good press.
    They still are, they're just keeping the head down. Thomas was spotted browsing the board the other day and there's at least one reseller keeping an eye on the threads.

adam

Originally posted by DaithiSurfer

With regard to Netfarces SME package.
    Do you really belive them when they give you the exact same shpeel they gave when selling SOHO.
    They will change it when it suits them.
    All you have to do is read James_Melody's thread about how the screwed him on the SME package.

Different excuse, but they needed to get rid of a heavy downloader so they made up somthing else.

That was actually resolved quite easily by James just denying formally that he had copyrighted material.
    I'm not exactly overjoyed at staying with them. But it was either that or potentially having to wait out a 2 month contract and then paying eircom through the nose for an installation fee. Hopefully come Christmas time there'll be more choice in the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

They still are, they're just keeping the head down. Thomas was spotted browsing the board the other day and there's at least one reseller keeping an eye on the threads.

you think they would have the bottle to reply to their pissed off customers since their paying 65euro for sub standered speeds/ping/customer service

oh well Netfarces looks like its going to sink like the Hood (ww2 battleship)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

erm, I cancelled my account today, there was no mention of a 2 month notice period. I've been with them about 3 or 4 months now. I was told work at the exchange should be done very soon !!!!

hmm, I hope that new eircom offer is available to order now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭chill

Originally posted by bizmark
    It all smacks of the IOL surf unlimited *for some reasion i cant remember if thats the right name* arse up a few years back Netsource is finding out they cant offer the product their selling and the custumers are suffering

pitty really

Sounds like the same people that screwed up things with SurfNoLimits are trying to screw NetSource but got screwed instead.

My speeds are settling at a better than ever rate - so it looks liek they're doing a great job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

My speeds are settling at a better than ever rate - so it looks liek they're doing a great job.

ehhhh..???? You're surprised you get better speeds when other ppl get 25% of the speed they paid for?

Reply to the original post:
    I got off netsource in 5 or so days, never using them again. They don't really want you on the service, and you don't want them, so it should be easy to get off that crap.

I like the idea though, re-sell eircoms ADSL at higher prices, promise the same speed and no DL cap, and then give ppl 25% of the speed. Really good idea.

Netsource doesn't sound that appealing when you know the truth, does it?

You gotta love the text on "About us" on the netsource page...
    "We’re an SME, which means that we have a unique understanding of the way our customer’s businesses work. We’ve been through the pain, the late nights, the deadlines – all of the headaches that a business must go through as it grows."

... I think they missed a line: "Now it's your turn to go through the same pain"

• Advertisement
Advertisement