Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Blaintology type of thing

Options
  • 09-09-2003 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

As you probably know David Blaine is trying to go 44 days without food in a glass box. I personally think he's a total fraud but was wondering what other people thought.

I was talking about this with one of my friends in school and I think he might have smuggled in vitamin pills up his ass or something, but that's just a theory.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭incredula pert

I think that man is a complete and total looper.And i can never really believe half the stuff he does anyway, like the street magic...LIKE HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE??anyway...he's a mad man. and the smuggling vitiman pills up his ass is a good theory, i must say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

There could be a videotaped version of him projected into the box, giving the illusion that he's there, but he's not.
    Anyway, I think he's a fraud. But whoever comes up with however to pull his stunts off is extremely intelligent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I personally think he has glucose in the water.

Also he's a fraudelent little SoB, as are all magicians

De only good magic shows are de ones dat tell u how de tricks r done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

The human body is capable of some amazing acts when controlled by a willful mind. How can you argue his last stunt on top of that tower was a hoax or scam. Magic is what you make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yeah that was cool. It would be more or less impossible to fake. Somebody will probably argue that he could have had an IV feeding him liguid food in through his leg or something, but they're just scepticle twats.:rolleyes: More power to the man for pulling off all the stuff he does. It'd be nice to think it was real.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Spenguin

What was really impressive were those london jumper dudes on channel four last night. They were all like, twirling along the walls and jumping. Way cool man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

It is entirely possible that Mr. Blaine (one of the most evil people in the world, along with Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, Christopher Reeve and Butters, or at least according to South Park) is having glucose, minerals etc put into the water. It is similar to being fed by IV when in a coma. And to anyone who says that the public is being allowed to sample the water, unless the entire water transportation process is transparent (and I mean literally transparent, as in being made of clear plastic pipes) then we cannot know.

Originally posted by Barry Aldwell
    It is entirely possible that Mr. Blaine (one of the most evil people in the world, along with Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, Christopher Reeve and Butters, or at least according to South Park) is having glucose, minerals etc put into the water. It is similar to being fed by IV when in a coma. And to anyone who says that the public is being allowed to sample the water, unless the entire water transportation process is transparent (and I mean literally transparent, as in being made of clear plastic pipes) then we cannot know.

Yeah, as funny as it is comparing him to those people... No, I can't even lie about that. He's done nothing wrong, he just has way too much free time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭stevanavich

david blaine kicks all your asses, and everything is real, EVERYTHING!!!

(i wont let you destroy my dreams of magicianhood)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

I'm sure he could go 44 days in a box without food. There's no need to fake it it's been done before. I like his magic tricks on the streets where he's all "Shazaam!" and he puts his hand through a glass window and you're thinking "That guy's playing with my mind".

If you ask me, he's a witch! BURN HIM!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Zukustious
    If you ask me, he's a witch! BURN HIM!!!!!!!
    /me uses recently acquired priest powers to put....like....a curse....or something...on David Blaine

he has some pretty cool magic, like that time when he made the empty can full and then closed it. With his mind. Little do we all know he's really Harry Potter.

Originally posted by Spenguin
    With his mind.
    Or a combination of tubes, a small pump, and some springs.

Quiet you!

My science teacher told us that the chances are David blaine won't survive this. And if he does his organs will have half eaten themselves, he won't have any muscles, he'll be a little insane and he'll die sooner. She also told us that a guy that did it for 66 days keeled over and died on the last day. I think he is going to die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 theymademedoit

well, apparently, it takes 45 days to go blind which is why he chose 44 (apparently). i think its kinda a waste of time, energy and (if he dies) life. but he is most likely fraudulent, so mbleh.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

I guess we'll all find out how real it is by how alive he is when he comes out of the box.

Originally posted by theymademedoit
    well, apparently, it takes 45 days to go blind which is why he chose 44 (apparently). i think its kinda a waste of time, energy and (if he dies) life. but he is most likely fraudulent, so mbleh.
    What if Mr Blaine has a faster metabolism that the unlucky person they used to measure the blindness thing?

Advertisement