Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q3 and voodoo1

Options
  • 14-05-1999 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Anyone get Quake 3 working with a voodoo1 ? If so what and where do i get the drivers from ? better still just mail em to me smile.gif

treston@indigo.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

paul,
    do some bloody study!

ok ok ok
    goto www.3dfx.com
    there you will find special q3a drivers and pick the one for voodoo graphics. its not specified as any perticular card (ie v2 or v3) so just go in there and choose what card you have. i have righteous orchid and the d/l was only 2mg.
    did have a bit if a problem installing em (but i was dtrunk so thats prolly why)
    but now it works a ok.
    also, to improve your fps with a v1, goto thebind and d/l the configs and theres a nice pak file as well that will up fps. you lose all the pretty pretty graphics though. im running at 40 at the moment. dont know how much higher it will go as i have it capped at 40.

good luck with the exams smile.gif

can i take yer place on the squad? wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hmm, just tried to find them and i cant see them there??????
    im sure thats where i got them from

anyway, if that fails, there is a readme.txt file that came with q3a. it will give you and url for refrence drivers. goto that. as far as i know they should be there.
    if anyone has q3a and reads this will they add the url here for everyone else to see if they have a v1
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Mystery Machine

go to www.pczone.co.uk

I came across them on my travels to find opengl drivers for the ATI Rage Pro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Cant find the god damned drivers from 3dfx, there's a voodoo graphics one for windows nT which is q3 specific but that'll hardly work on win95. anyone know where to get v1 drivers for qw3 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

nope only v2 v3 and banshee there

i downloaded them from 3dfx.com before i got q3 but i cant find them now sad.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

AHA!

found em pent.gif

if you go to the american mirror of 3dfx.com there they are (not in the europe one)

Advertisement