Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

q3 Bug!

Options
  • 12-05-1999 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

Hmm,

I had a shot of q3 tonight, quite good so far, but unless they fix the tnt grafix problems I doubt any TNT user will be playing. In fights and especially in certain areas, like quad, u get a spalsh of lines and wire frames which make combat kinda hard to do :0

Have a look - see that blue guy. thats dev with quad. See the lines.. thats gooky sh1t!

shot0003.jpg

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

See the grease stain on the carpet...
    ...thats MP!

Actually I have exactly the same problem. Quad on Q3TEST1 is impossible to find its hidden under about 20 "planes" of solid colour and with that lava somewhere in there smile.gif

DeV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

yeh q3 has a bug on my riva 128. Wall damage and fog shows up as squares and triangles :/

You must be mistaking me for somebody who gives a ****..
    robertgallagher@tinet.ie
    www.planet-tribes.com/em

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

Lads, its not q3 with the bug, its the drivers for your tnt's thats the problem tongue.gif...

as has been stated by id..check broan hooks .plan files on www.webdog.com

Ro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Ahh sure, didnt Dev figure that out last nite and it turns out u need to run the GLSetup program, but its a 28 mb bl00dy download!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Well, I have a Riva TNT, and I ran the nice glsetup.exe program as it said, and I've not had any problems with my q3test! In fact, its gobsmacking, and more boooootiful than unreal.
    You just gotta run the glsetup.exe, and you'll be sorted.

Dan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭koloth

Weird, did something strange just happen the board? I couldn't see this thread, so I posted a new one asking people try out glsetup to get rid of that TNT graphics glitch. Now I can see this thread and my original has disapeared. Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

isnt the d/l only for v3 users? but thats 23 mg. you prolly have different ones for those ****e cards of yours!
    get your self a nice v1 smile.gif

as for proper bugs, anyone get the quad on space level and walk to either side of the teleporter? i seem to get stuck right in the edge of the porter and have to rj out of it.

also nice hte way quad isnt there when game starts. makes it a bit fairere really.
    nice game......niiiiice game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Anyone know how much the TNT2 is across the water, I don't really want the V3 since it doesnt do 32bit rendering:/ although 99 spons in Game is a nice price for it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Hecate I have that same bug but acc. to someone in UL who send me a driver file (never checked it out), the new drivers sort that out.

I have STB Velocity 128, and beta drivers.

J.
    --

WWM, some muppet (called Jazz??) said glsetup was only for Voodoo3 so 'there's no point in downloading the glsetup unless you have a Voodoo3 card'.

This is WRONG however as it includes updated opengl drivers for a number of chipsets, including TNT.

Jazz, get your facts right before posting rubbish!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭harVey

hey why dont you shut the fu(k up koloth

just cos you dont know the guy, does it mean he's a muppet ?
    fu(k you
    jazz goes and makes an effort to put files up on an irish server and then you tell him not to bother "unless he has his facts right".
    well i tell you what, you can not bother making posts til you get some fu(king manners

harVey

awwww, did I offend someone for the 10000th time??

waaaaaaaaaah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

U gotta love guys like Koloth smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Ahh shurrup harvey.... koloth is dead right, the guy didn't get his facts right and he should have. Posting confusing rubbish is NOT helpful.

GLSetup supports every card on the market which has an OpenGL driver - that being the whole point of the application! AFAIK the latest revision of it doesn't have the new q3a compatible Voodoo drivers, so get them seperately, unless the GLSetup page (www.glsetup.com) tells you otherwise.

Mata ne!
    Rob

well being that size it would want to, though i doubt modemers appreciate having to download such a volume of software when much of it is useless for you....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

maybe he was right an maybe he was wrong.
    i actually heard it from someonne on irc last night.
    i dont see why you should d/l 23 mg of drivers for cards you dont have. the v1 drivers for q3a are only mg. saving me ohhh about an hour of d/l time smile.gif

Game over man, game over....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Bugger it all

21.7 megs for the game and now 23 for the video drivers...

FS!!!

Ah well - Time to go home, wait for 6pm and then download like a mad thing curlydav.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    homepage.tinet.ie/~davitt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

Hecate use vertex mode thingy and everythins fine
    i use me riva 128 too the graphics arn't as anazing but sure fook it
    go into system configuration in the menu then graphics options and change the lighting mode to vertex!
    tell me what happens

Seems I have a 2 weeks to drag my puter over to a mates house and d/l all this ****. Then I can hopefully spend the summer playin it. hmmm...TNT? V2? Banshee? V3? TNT2? smile.gif
    decisions decisions decisions, which one will I buy...**** it I'll get a TNT2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭harVey

shinji
    theres a difference between tellin' someone they got something wrong and insulting someone the way koloth did.
    anyway relax ffs, this is only a board, not like it matters or anything.

harVey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Scarab

Drugs, yah gotta have drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Okay to clear things up, I was both right and wrong. I'm sorry if I confused people but I was looking at it from my standpoint having a voodoo2 card.

What I meant was that anyone with a voodoo1 or voodoo2 card shouldn't bother downloading glsetup, I wasn't even thinking about any other openGL drivers. Reading it again, this isn't the way it came across.

sorry bout the mess, but seriously koloth you can go shove your head up your ass unless you've something useful to contribute.

Advertisement