Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Product recall of some models of SonyEricsson UK Charger

• 09-09-2003 11:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

Sony Ericsson has initiated a product recall of their CST-13 UK phone charging unit:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/uk/spg.jsp?template=CST13_recall

There have been a limited number of incidents in the UK, where a pressure build-up in the charger has caused the top plastic part of the charger to brake off, with the danger of hitting someone.

This is a pretty major recall as it goes back as far as the T68i unit, although, they had a number of suppliers of these addapers (e.g. ST, Astec).

The charger is manufactured in Thailand by Delta, an external supplier, and has the identification number BML 162 099/3 R1A printed on the socket face, along with "made in Thailand by Delta".

Full details in the link above,
    BrianG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Shite, I have one of those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

O2 IRL got back saying "Sony Ericsson are to issue details in the evening papers today about it, and they are directing customers who have queries to call their Helpline number 1-800-923-793."

hth,
    BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

I heard rumours like this on Esato and Mobiledia, but of course they were somewhat "wilder", in that apparently the chargers explode! Glad to know its only something small. The plug point I usually use is behind a desk anyway so the worst that could happen is that there'll be a mark in the chipboard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Does anyone have the Irish SonyEricsson helpline I could call?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

2 posts up from yours, ADSLUSER!

1-800-923-793

- Dave.

• Advertisement

Duh - at first I thought that for the O2 Helpline.

Thanks a mil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

That freephone number just connects to Sony Ericsson in the UK anyway, so I'd take it that the chargers will take around a week to arrive to Ireland from the UK. Another problem they have is that a prepaid envelope is included for returning the old charger but the prepaid bag will likely only be able to be used if posting it from the UK. Maybe this could delay them being sent to Ireland until they get it sorted?

When I first read the problem, I registered my details at the Sony Ericsson website and a few days later I received a brand new charger and a pre-paid envelope for sending back the old charger. I encourage anyone else to do the same. I tried ringing the customer support number but it appears to be always engaged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

Did anyone get their SE replacement charger today? I got mines. It looks nothing like a charger, a lead connects from this big black box to your electrical socket and from the other end of the black box goes the lead into your phone. There's no way I'm sending back my faulty charger now. It is also Ericsson branded, not Sony Ericsson so these chargers must be old stock?

Picture of this ugly charger is below.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

I filled in the form already, but I doubt they'll mind if people send back the faulty chargers or not.

I have a spare charger for the living room so!

• Advertisement

Ooh ugly charger, this is definitely one of the old Ericsson chargers. The one I received is the same one as the one I got in the box with my T610 (i.e. small) but this charger is made in Morocco.

Advertisement