Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q3 vs Tribes2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

pah. eye candy.
    still a load of stupid mortars, unsteerable aircraft, and a loada cardboard axes. gimme a quad plasma gun anyday.

Z.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

And here we see the next war brewing.... Q1 vs Q2 was nothing, wait for Q3 vs T2.... smile.gif

"Stupid" mortars. "Unsteerable" aircraft.

Can we spot the guy who is so used to being good at Quake that playing a different game, where (ba-bing!) he will be a muppet newbie all over again, scares the hell outta him? smile.gif

Mata ne!
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

unsteerable?
    ahahahahhahahahah smile.gif
    even i havent really played the game that much, and i find the very easy to steer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

what i meant osi, was that those fookin hpc's are slow and awkward, any muppet with a laser disc can take u out in em.

as for being a muppet in tribes? i'd rape ye all, chew on ure bones, fry ure skin, and make cardboard axes out of ure hair smile.gif

Ze-(enjoying this cardboard axe)-ro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dupre

Eh - hold on. Is that what Tribes 2 is gonna look like in real-time on my P200 32mb RAM PC ? Real-time as in over 30fps average with multiple character meshes etc etc ... I think not. Might as well be rendering 3d studio max pics as show us those. The same went for some of the Quake 3 pics - the way I'm running Quake 3 now it looks more or less the same as Quake 2. And if you have to switch off most of the special effects in order to get the thing to run on anything but a supercomputer, then there's not much point in comparing such graphics. Lets wait until it comes out to see what graphics we can _really_ get out of the thing running at a decent speed. As I said, might as well be comparing 3ds max pics.

As for Tribes 2, the game, it is looking promising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Well T1 runs well, so I can T2 running just as well. The screen shots for T1 given out before the release of the game, made it into the game.

As for the HPC being slow, it's supposed to be, that's why your supposed to fill it up with 4 guys who act as repair and gun crew. Can't wait to see what the submarines are like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Dupre:
    You might be able to run Tribes2 on your machine at a reasonable speed smile.gif Afterall, Tribes runs pretty smooth on a p200. Quake3Arena is so slow cause it's still a test and there are too much eyecandy like smoke trails and flashes. Those localized fog on the ground and the arches with perfect curves look nice but just slows older system down. Tribes2 just looks like it has prettier colors and better terrain modelling. Sure that alien yoke in the screenshot has a higher polygon count but I doubt the game will be unplayable in your system like Quake3Arena. Anyway, thought you're getting a new system.

You going to finish that?
    *munch*munch*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

WOW.
    2 posts from Hobbes and no Damo.
    Perphaps the god of internet coolness gave Damo's lame ass ****ness a good kicking smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

ok, hobbes: FUUCK OFF AND GO AND PLAY WITH YOUR LITTLE £9.99 QUAKE TOYS AND YOUR CARDBOARD AXES, AND BE SURE TO BRING THE CAMERA ALONG

and venom, you just fuuck right off you drugged up looking aids carrier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

heh heh, you know damo I could just put your comments into my signature, save you a lot of time from being lame and maybe you might actually go out and find something more constructive to do (like getting new material).

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 17-05-99).]

new material?, that reminds me, hobbes i got some real hush hush news ok??

i got some good gear in, going cheap, real cheap, the tinfoil is reliable, and the cardboard is grade A........interested?

Advertisement