Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Help needed: Cancelling a course for a year???

• 09-09-2003 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

I am supposed to be starting a degree in DIT next Wedensday but now I want to take a year off and earn a bit of money. Am I able to cancel my course and start next year even though I already accepted?

The reasons why I want to wait a year is because I only went 17 last week and I don't want to be too young starting. Also, I don't feel I would do enough studying at home at the moment.

It is a Computer Science Degree and I have a really bad memory so I would have forgot all my maths from school, is this a problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

lo,
    yes u can but u shuda rang today or ring today...

I rang this morning and deffered my course..
    no problems i just had to send the letter today which i have.

cartman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Thanks for your help cartman. Why ring up today? Can't I ring up later in the week? and also, what letter did you send?

Does it cost any money? will I be able to get a grant next year? Anymore info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Could someone please answer my questions and give me a bit of info on deferring a course for a year? Am I too late? Bare in mind that I have already accepted the course. :confused:

Any help would be really aprecciated.

Thanks in advance.

well,
    i got my course accepted it and then decided i wanted a year out..

So today i rang they said i was leaving it very late but it shudnt be a problem..
    I had to outline that i had unforseen family circumstances and i had accepted the course and i was goin to repeat the leaving cert[a must]...

I dont know about a grant im not entitled to one..

dats all i can say.. LAter in the week i think will be too late i tohught i was too late but i just got in..

they told me to send the letter in the post today..

cartman

I've just read on a website that you must not accept the course but I'll give it a try tomorrow. Who do I ring?

Also, why would I say I am repeating the Leaving Cert? If you got the course whats the point on doing the leaving again.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

i know it says that, but i dont think it matters much..

I rang the admissions office...
    I duno why say ur not gonna do it they just advise u to coz the head might think u may repeat just let them no ur def not gonna..

cartman

Advertisement