Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Most Ridiculous Custom Cars

Options
  • 10-09-2003 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure what to call these (I like the term hairdryers), but you know what I mean - little fiestas with full body kit and tinted windows driven by baseball-cap toting, pubescent moustache sporting eejits.

Well I was wondering if we can find the most ridiculous one of these as seen by a boards poster. I saw a particularly awful one at the weekend in Newbridge. It was a mid-size maroon van, low to the ground with little wings at the rear corners, curling up on either side and some kind of 'thing' overhanging the top of the windshield. Do they really think these things look good.

Over to you, guys...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

those arent 'custom cars' as you so forgivingly put it... those are monstrosities!

But anyway... If I'd bring my camera with me sometimes I could get pictures that would amaze you. Must start bringing it with me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

oh I saw a great one last week. It was a toyota which had the MOST ridiculous spoiler on it I have ever seen.

Just like the old style formula-1 spoiler; two struts that stick up perpendicular to the boot then then the spoiler itself across the top at the same level as the roof.
    It just looked plain stupid and I couldn't stop laughing all the way into town.
    The aerial that came up when the radio switches on was jammed against it, it couldn't go all the way up!
    And this guy wasn't 19 either, he looked around 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

There's a French web site with plenty of those...
    http://www.chez.com/jacky/

Click on Jackymobiles under Galeries.

The "Jacky" are the:
    baseball-cap toting, pubescent moustache sporting eejits.
    According to the web site, this is called a Knacker here... maybe be not the right word?!

Raphael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Q3000

If you want a laugh go to http://www.topgear.com/content/fun_stuff/carbage/ there are some beautiful MDF spoilers on show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Originally posted by Q3000
    If you want a laugh go to http://www.topgear.com/content/fun_stuff/carbage/ there are some beautiful MDF spoilers on show

Yeah - I remember watching that the night they showed those. All I can say is why???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by aodh_rua
    little fiestas with full body kit and tinted windows driven by baseball-cap toting, pubescent moustache sporting eejits.
    It can be worse...they can do it with a Yaris.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

or a little gem I saw yesterday on the way into work... a Ford Ka with skirts that were about 2cm away from the ground. bet thats a comfy ride :D

Gotta love the "Jacky"; they were put on the earth to amuse the rest of us

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

alright so there is some woefully modified cars going around, so what. If it makes the driver happy, then leave them at it

and regarding that Top gear site, well most of them cars are American, where big is better so you can't blaim them

image_01.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

I live in Sutton, and recently I've seen a bright blue Micra ripping around and it's one of the most ridiculous cars I've EVER seen. It's the new model micra, and it has a white sticker on the back window that says "Car Krazy" in a wacky crooked font. It looks like it's from the future with the full body kit. Anyone else seen it in the Dublin 13 / D5 area?

Micra's are a personal hate of mine when modified. The bubbly shape can never look cool- EVER.

Here's a few pics I took of some last year:
    gaymicra1.jpg
    gaymicra2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

wow. those stripes look so.......manly. Grrr I wouldn't mess with the owner of that RACECAR. I bet the 1.0L thing on the back is just there to discourage thieves from stealing this 6.2L V12 ANIMAL.

• Advertisement

Good news for sensible motorists - according to today's breaking news on ireland.com - modified cars (like the s**t we've been talking about) can be failed on the NCT from Monday because of those godawful mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

What are you on about if the car is modded correctly using approved/legal parts it should pass. Or are you on about certain mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

more details aodh_rua on the good news for "sensible" motorists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Grimlock

I think this is a finshed version of the van that Ando showed!!!!

image_01.gif

Well it's different.......:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

according to today's breaking news on ireland.com - modified cars (like the s**t we've been talking about) can be failed on the NCT from Monday because of those godawful mods.

what mods are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

aodh_rua is right. I saw it on the news but I can't find anything on the government websites to learn more.

Things like registration plates in non-standard scripts will fail the NCT, if I heard it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by Grimlock
    I think this is a finshed version of the van that Ando showed!!!!

image_01.gif
    it looks like a family car that Batman would drive

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

yeah, for when the bat-mobile is too out-there for the saturday shopping trip to Tesco

Originally posted by dudara
    aodh_rua is right. I saw it on the news but I can't find anything on the government websites to learn more.

Things like registration plates in non-standard scripts will fail the NCT, if I heard it right.

They do seem a little light on the details but I'd imagine it'll cover any changes that alter the registered performance of the car (you know like how exhaust mods can affect engine output), ones that alter visibility like graphics on the windows, tinted windows or cowls over-hanging windscreens, and generally anything that makes the cars less safe. If it covers those kinds of changes I'll be happy as the can render a car uninsured (esp. the ones that alter performance).

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

and generally anything that makes the cars less safe

woohoo they're banning women

• Advertisement
Advertisement