Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does they sell low spec laptops at all?

• 10-09-2003 1:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭

I really don't need a >1ghz processor. But all laptops seem to come with massive processors :(
    That practice of only selling computers above a certain price level seems to still hold true unfortunately (€1000).

Is it worth the effort trying to track down a new laptop for ~€600 - €700?

It is what it's.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

well, i got a 1.7GHz laptop from Dell USA for about e650. (They only ship to US residents though, so an american friend/relation is a must)

you could also try :
    www.sterlingxs.co.uk/scpages/shopindex.shtml

They do used and refurbished laptops at a good price, but the problem with that is that no one ever guarantees the battery, and batteries can be in terrible condition, and replacing them is expensive :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

www.backfromthefuture.ie

They sell p2/3 350-600 n the likes :)

They will give you a lowspec laptop, at a good price, i think they are looking for 500-800 for em.

reD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Originally posted by red_ice
    www.backfromthefuture.ie

They sell p2/3 350-600 n the likes :)

They will give you a lowspec laptop, at a good price, i think they are looking for 500-800 for em.

reD

dont forget the 1year warranty on that :)

couple of PB AMD 2000's with ATI mobility coming in friday too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

That'd be perfick!
    New or previously owned?
    Are they in stock?

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

to be honest (why was the ancronym of this filtered?) they are a mix of new and SH. IBM over manufacture quite a bit, but wont tell us which units are unused or has been out in the field!

ATM im low on the €590 units, but more are on order.

drop in, have a look and ask for James

• Advertisement
Advertisement