Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wierd stuff indeed

Options
  • 10-09-2003 4:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

just got my newlaptop today and so i went online to try to ge norton av update when suddenly the norton virus screen popped up tell me i got the welchia virus also each ime i tryed to config my msnmessenger it said i needed to safe info because it was restarting the pc and when i went to the windows problem centre it said i might have the blaster vi i dunno bloody wierd :( i wasnt pleased at all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

hmm, wonder who's not used to his new laptop keyboard :D

Go to services in control panel, then under the properties of "Remote Procedure Call" go to the recovery tab. Change the instances of "Restart my computer" to "Restart the service". That should give you enough time to patch and AV Scan your machine.

Really... with all the fuss about the blaster worm etc lately did you not think to turn on the Internet Connection Firewall thing before you connected? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

nice one m8

his new laptop im a like a noob with a gun !!:D

Advertisement