Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Partridge comeback

• 10-09-2003 10:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭

Ok, it was only the reserves but Ritchie Partridge made his first appearance in a Liverpool jersey for nearly a year. During that time he has been on loan to Coventry but mostly he has been injured.

Pool reserves won 2-0 away against borough and Partridge had an excellent performance. I think his situation at the club is still very precarious though and the main reason he got the game was probably due to other reserves being involved in internationals - In particular I would imagine 18 year old La Tellec would probably have otherwise started ahead of him.

Not really too sure where too from here for the lad. After his Reading loan collapsing it would be nice to see a similar opportunity arrise - or at least a handful more reserve games.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

He has to leave Liverpool if he's to progress he's been there along time now and no sign of a breakthrough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Originally posted by jongore
    He has to leave Liverpool if he's to progress he's been there along time now and no sign of a breakthrough.

Absolutely! He must be at least 22 (or 23) now. If he wants a career in football, he has to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Think it's 23 that he is. It would break his heart to leave - but it's for the best. He's there about 8 years, going out with Owens sister and writes articles for some of the fan pages. He still has potential but needs to get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

you'd think for all the loyal service he has given the club he could get a run out for the first team!! none of the first squad have ever been that brilliant to hold down a place and i cant understand why he didnt give partridge a chance - in fairness Cheryou was not that good!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Loyalty means nothing - its only bandied about when a player wants to leave a club and the chairman starts harping on about loyalty and betrayal trying to work the price up.

If Partridge is waiting for a chance based on his loyal service hell be waiting right until the club tell him to pack his bags and get out when theyve no use for him even as an ocassional bench warmer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

He's out of contract at the end of the season too, so I wonder how likely it is that they'd even keep him on, given that he's only made, what? 2 senior appearances for the club. He needs to break into the 1st squad asap or he could be relegated to lower league football next season, if he's lucky. Pity too, he was a very promising talent.

Liverpool reserves drew 1 - 1 with
    Leeds last night and with the two
    French kids back from international
    duty Partridge was predictably
    reduced to a sub for the reserves.

Not sure if Ritchie got his game. On
    an unrelated note, the two French
    lads played well and gave Harte a
    terrible time. Harte conceded a
    penalty for a tackle on Sinama and
    was later sent off for kicking La
    Tellec. We might feel disgruntled
    towards the lads for keeping
    Partridge out but fair play to them for
    making Harte look stupid...

Am I allowed to drag my own thread (not that I own it!) off topic? Anyway, as a result of that last liverpool reserve match Harte now has a 3 match ban.

I'm hoping that this will mean that Harte gets very little match exposure before the next Ireland match and will not have any chance of getting near the pitch. Fingers crossed....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by p.pete
    Fingers crossed....
    yep, fingers crossed!;)

Advertisement