Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another nuisance virus

Options
  • 10-09-2003 10:58am

just ran the latest version of Mcafee.
    I've been getting a horrendous abount of Spap mail to an e mail address that is fairly private and my IE browser has been hacked.

Anyhow Mcafee told me this:

The Exploit-Mime.gen.exe virus has been detected and and deleted to complete the cleaning process.

Apparently this .exe will run upon simply opening the e-mail.
    It does not require a clicking.
    Indeed in the spammage i never saw any file attached.

These guys are pure nasty and should be thrown into a turkish prison and used as Rat feed:mad:

Anyone else have this??

mm

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Yep, it can run by the message just being viewed.
    Instructions for removal here.

Yeah saw that.
    Thing is though, I am ( or rather was!!) using ie 6 and OE6 and the patches are for ie 5!! and says I don't need them:confused:
    Yet I get visited by that mime thingy:confused:

mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

i used mcafee for ages till i was getting viruses i couldnt get rid off then i switch to noron av i dunno m8 i just switch and i dont get any troubles now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

how does the virus run by just reading the message?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

If you're using outlook express, that's your problem there, it likes running attachments automaticly it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

"IFrame.Exploit is an exploit contained within a body of HTML and is typically used in email. The exploit allows malicious code to be executed by reading or previewing files containing this code. This exploit deceives the HTML viewer into executing viral code that the viewer thinks is an Audio or a Video component of the body of HTML. "

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/iframe.exploit.html

Advertisement