Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake3 Configs, and my opinion.

Options
  • 12-05-1999 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

http://www.planetquake.com/thebind/configs.htm

Try these out, I intend to tonite after work.

First impressions....
    There's too much smoke...after 2 or three shots u can't see a thing so all u can do is spam.
    It is hard to get decent FPS, because of all these "pretty things".
    The physics are excellent, it feels so much more loose than quake2.
    It is very hard to see the players, they just seem to be able to sneak up on you...once someone does up a few all-brights, it'll be better.
    Splash damage seems to be almost non-existant...bring back splash damage!!

A few questions....
    Does anyone know how to turn on all the weapons? ...I want to see the shaft.

Can we get rid of all the trails??..as Blade says, by the time the smoke clears..u could find ureself in a chip shop.

Can we increase the fraglimit to above 20?..u are just getting into the game and it is reached.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

There's all sorts of tips for improving different parts of the game at
    http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~muzos/q3test.html
    including how to get a third-person perspective.
    A good one is "+set cheats 1" and then I think you can try all the other weapons. That's one to try when I get home...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Get yer own jokes I thought of it first smile.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

How about this one:-

gl_iknowallaboutglcommandsinquakebutipretendtohatealltheidiotswhoplayjustforacheaplaugh 1

and the much simpler

gl_ilovestirringthingsupbecausemyparentsdidntloveme 1

M

Heres a handy one !
    gl_fu(kwits 0 to auto kick any fool like Kegser and Janey from enterin the game smile.gif

gl_getalife 1 will delete yer quake folder automatically off yer pc so you can live again smile.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think you'll find that it's gl_getlife 1 is the correct command PeeWee.

Here's an interesting one I found on the bind. It would appear that John Carmack answered my call and now there's a muppet variable...

// kick the muppet alias
    alias mup_kick "set muppet Mr_PeeWee; say TAKE IT MUPPET!!!; s_kick muppet;"

bind k "mup_kick"

Should be fun. curlydav.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    homepage.tinet.ie/~davitt

• Advertisement

Still my joke yer usin , loser

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Actually it was Bunny's joke.

cl_scobespeed 1.

Not that I care what you do in the privacy of your own padded cell.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Kerria

Ok to reduce the annoying smoke trails from the Rocket Launcher go to this page http://www.planetquake.com/ra2io/ and download the altered PAK file. The pak changes some other stuff so if you just want the new smoke trails rename the PAK file as a zip and extract it to a temporary folder. Then copy the smokepuff.tga and tracer.tga files to the baseq3/gfx/misc folder in your Q3Test folder.
    Also it mightn't work with some gfx cards e.g. the ATI's because there is a specific smokepuffragepro.tga file in that folder too.
    But I don't think the trails are as much of a problem on those cards anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Nah, if ya wanna customise the smoke trail, open it up in photoshop, and look at the 4th channel. If ya want no trail...fill it all in black, if ya want a small trail, leave however much u want in the centre...easy as pie.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

the binds is ok. some nice stuff. nice little pak file there that ups yer fps and stuff

i read somewhere here about turning of the fog thrower stuff. could someonje explain it in plain english. i know nought about editing pak files. also, can anyone figure out how to make the hyperblaster/bfg/whatever/purple rapid fir gun yoke balls smaller? if you know what i mean. make them so that its more like hyperblaster from q2. i dont like the look of the firing. its annoying

anyway, i have finally (after about 3 hours) found my perfect rail setings
    seta r_railSegmentLength "10"
    seta r_railCoreWidth "2"
    seta r_railWidth "2
    seta cg_railTrailTime "250

also on the binds page is a nice little script that changes your rail colour when you fire. cute wink.gif

• Advertisement

Whoa ! Kerria actaully replies on cloudboards ! WOWEEEEEEEEE ! Thats a first eh Brian ?

Advertisement