Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook 97 read receipt problem

Options
  • 10-09-2003 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Having a problem with outlook 97. None of the pcs on site are sending read receipts when requested. I have set the mail server (mdaemon 6.84) to send delivery receipts if requested but the read receipts still do not send.

I am assuming that the read receipt is client side but cannot find any setting in OL97 to allow read receipts to be sent.

can anyone shed any light on this?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

I've never seen any receipt controls of this nature in Outlook97. I've always controlled receipts with Exchange Server and on a default Outlook 97 install, this works fine. If you've carried out a fairly standard install then I'd imagine your problem is an incompatibility between Outlook and MDaemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

It's looking more and more likely that the problem is that they are not running an exchange server. Going ot have to run a few tests and hopefully get them to upgrade to OL2002.

thanks.

Advertisement