Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU Fresher's Ball - Open to ALL !!!

Options
  • 10-09-2003 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

Hey Everyone....
    A little ahead of myself but this is gonna be a MASSIVE one !!!

Popstar* & Label will be playing the DCU Fresher's Ball in the TBMC on Wednesday the 15th of October, PhantomFM's Sinister Pete will be spinning the discs after Popstar* til the wee hours. Might even get an acoustic opener....
    This will be a fantastic night and it's even open to non-DCU students though those unfortunate souls will have to pay the €5 entry fee....it is of course FREE in for all DCU students....
    Hope ya'll can make it !!!
    Chris

www.popstar.ie
    www.dobbler.com/label

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mickoboy

THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL DCU FRESHERS BALL.
    DCU Freshers Ball happens on OCT 2 in DCU.
    It is only open to DCU students.
    JUST TO PUT THE RECORD STRAIGHT

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭kranog

No..no.....this is the "Phony" DCU Fresher's ball I'm talkin' about....
    dump the attitude mate.....the show on the 15th is open to all so why are you even bringing up the one on the 2nd as if it matters....if that is only open to DCU students then they'll be the only ones who know about it and you won't get Johnny from the down the road crashing the party !!!
    But maybe I should clarify, only for your benefit of course, no-one else is going to give a **** I'm sure...
    This DCU Fresher's Ball is organised by the Redbrick Society, chiefly for this years DCU Fresher's as something of "welcome to DCU...join our society" thing I'm guessing...
    However the event is open to all to the best of my knowledge !!!
    Chris

Hey Chill out!
    Why didnt you state it was organised by Redbrick first day.
    Ta ra

Hey...your the one displaying the attitude first time round man....
    I apologise for lashing out...not my usual behaviour, you just came across a little hostile....
    I didn't state it before as firstly...it really aint that important as the "official" ball is taking place in DCU so you say, so what's it matter if outsiders think that the event on the 15th think it's the official DCU ball or not...
    Secondly...the info on this show is changing all the time that I figure I'll only post the facts and nothing else...and the fact is that this event is being organised and funded by DCU !!!
    Everyone Clear ??? :D
    Chris

Ok Chris, Maybe i over re acted. Sounds like a good gig anyway.:)
    Probably will be there myself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

leave mickoboy alone, he's got connections.

By the way Chris, you wrote:

"so what's it matter if outsiders think that the event on the 15th think it's the official DCU ball or not..."

It matters if there's a massive drugs bust, a huge brawl, a racially motivated assault, a gas explosion, a bombing, lots of muggings, really expensive drink, horribly nasty doormen, becasue then DCU students' union get all the flak because it was reportedly their gig, understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Not arsed going to the "official" one doesn't look like it'll be as much of a laugh as last years. The ents in DCU aren't exactly much to shout about which is disappointing, particularly as the Freshers ball is the first major event of the year.

Does that mean we'll seeya at the "Phony" one then Amz ???
    Who's playing the official DCU Fresher's Ball this year ???
    The Redbrick commitee pretty much left me to organise all aspects of this show on the 15th.....as it's something we are pretty good at in the GigSmart camp, I left them to handle all promo aspects inside DCU.....so...let me know if they are doing a good job of it lads...
    Oh & Joey.....right you be then....
    Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

anyone have any idea who's playing the offical one ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

the offical one.. is.. well.... SH!T:

Thurs 2nd Oct: Freshers Ball including MUNDY, Robbie and Kylie Experience
    in The HUB.

Got this in an e-mail a little while ago.. i'd rather eat my own Fúcking arm then go to that crap!

• Advertisement

So....will ye be coming to this one then ???
    As in the one on the 15th in the TBMC with Popstar* & Label and of course Mr. Sinister !!!
    Who'd make a good acoustic opener ???
    Chris

Get Ross Breen or someone as accustic opener... he's pretty damn good.

Do you we get Redbrick T-Shirts if we go?

/me flutters eyelashes

(please can I have a redbrick tshirt if I go?) I need to show off to my NUIG compsoc people coz they tease me for not having a RedBrick T-Shirt

*sob*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

The Redbrick commitee pretty much left me to organise all aspects of this show on the 15th.....as it's something we are pretty good at in the GigSmart camp, I left them to handle all promo aspects inside DCU.....so...let me know if they are doing a good job of it lads...
    Question - since when has this been in the boiler now? I wasn't aware that there was any decision that the RB committee was to give the organising of their major member pulling event to an outisde person - why didn't the ents person take care of it?
    And why has the first announcement of it taken place here and not on the RB server, their newsletter, or their on boards?
    Oddness

Firstly...Amz....I'll talk to the RB ent's officer bout knabbin' ya a t-shirt !!!

Secondly, re-gen....I took care of all entertainment for the show because I'm good at it and the less the yhave to worry about that stuff the better they can take care of all promo work for it...I dunno why it's not on the RB server...it should be I'll agree with you....are there no posters or flyers around campus because again...there really should be...
    Please, by all means mention it to them, the benefit of the overall event will very much appreciate it !!!
    Cheers,
    Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

No there's been zippo about the event, and college hasn't started up, so I guess there's no posters. Still weird. am a stalwart member, so prolly will attend out of habit if nothig else :)

oh cool.....
    well I'll be the guitar player with the long red plaited goatee, be sure to say "aiiiight" if ya see me around the place dude...
    Seeya then.
    Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Firesuite

To answer regeneration:

The RedBrick Freshers Event has and always will be funded and organised by RedBrick, and as you know already the event is put on for the new members, but also to give something back to the rest of the members for their loyalty. An official announcement is to be made to the membership on the MOTD, boards and the next newsletter when the committee meets again, pays its bills!, and finalises the final details about entry etc. Chris has been very helpful with the organisation of the event, and unsurprisingly he is excited as the committee are about it, cos it's gonna be a damn good night out. You will be seeing plenty of detail about it on RedBrick and around in the coming weeks as college starts, and as always Redbrick members will be provided with a ticket for absolutely nothing!

Any more questions or comments for me mail pro@redbrick.dcu.ie

Looking forward to seeing you all there,
    Aisling.

Oh, and we can make a few t-shirts available that ain't a problem :)

Originally posted by Firesuite
    Oh, and we can make a few t-shirts available that ain't a problem :)

Yay!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

I seen this guy at the Ruby sessions a while back called Fiach, he was pretty damn good, I'd recommend him as an opener.

Niall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 fat toni

hey you crazy kids good to see the facts of the matter are yet agin a mix of foolish pride and misinformation.first of all the REAL freshers ball the one in dcu is not just mundy and robbie and kylie(tyrril you make it really hard for people to like you) for those that know mundy is playing(if thats your cup of tea or not) and also decadence if you dont know who decadence are you will in the future....decadence are an eight piece rock/dance/hip hop outfit signed to wet clay records and there greed ep is in the shops on oct 3rd so lets all make our own minds up where we want to go and lets not forget its about having a good night not about making every one else feel like there not where it at....there is no room in music for politics leave that to the gangsters in the dail.

• Advertisement

:D:D:D:D:D
    Just finding the irony of "Fat Toni" pointing out that those "Gangsters" in the dáil are practicing politics.....
    Well said otherwise my man !!!
    Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Originally posted by Amz
    Get Ross Breen or someone as accustic opener... he's pretty damn good.

Do you we get Redbrick T-Shirts if we go?

Hmm, I wonder where my redbrick T-shirt is. Must dig it out ;)

Right then....this is on Wednesday night people...any redbrick members get in for free....everyone else...I think it's a whopping fiver.....this is going to be a fantastic night...
    Hope to seeya'll there !!!
    Chris

Advertisement