Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are eircom spamming?

Options
  • 10-09-2003 2:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

got this in my Inbox just now.

www.eircom.ie {ID:5782239}
    Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:57:14 +0100
    Content-Type: text/plain

Dear Mr McNamara,

I apologise for the difficulties you are experiencing when trying to check availability for DSL on the site. I have reported this to the relevant area. Please try again and advise me if the problem persists.
    For information on ISDN lines please log on to www.eircom.ie.
    1 Select business site.
    2 Online store.
    3 Phone lines.
    Here you will find information on ISDN lines.

I hope this is of assistance.

Kind regards,
    Paula.

They have to be spamming but trying to do it very underhandidly. Seriously, for a start a my name ain't Mc Namara and I didn't ask for DSL in any way

So what do ya'all reckon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Could just be a mistaken mail address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭FreeHost

Paula could have a virus, anyway, this is probably the line Eircom start all their letters with "I apologise for the difficulties you are experiencing..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

I doubt its real spam - either mistaken address or a result or a virus.

I work for eircom. not in thta dept, and I got some spam to a vodafone address I have - FROM MY eircom e-mail address - which I've never sent mail from to this address - these viruses mask themselves.

Advertisement