Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Importer: I need help!

Options
  • 10-09-2003 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Being finally feed up with the useual 6 month gap that Nintendo provides Europe with between releases, I've decided it's time to Import. But I need some help.
    I saw on on of the posts that importmadness.com was the one most people were buying from. So I went & had a gander and found that F-Zero (USA) is only £30 sterling! How much is that in €'s, like €50 or so? Plus I gather that a freeloader disc is needed to boot the cube up before hand. But I guess my question is, how long of a wait is there untill the product finally ends on my doorstep, and is there generally no trouble (bugs) in the games useing freelaoder. And, is there any other "catche's" involved in importing this way?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

dvdboxoffice.com seem to be the cheapest(viewtiful joe for €30 plus free postage) but apparently they can take forever with the shipping. i got f-zero gx(fan-****in-tastic) off importmadness.com for €40 odd and €10 shipping, it only took a week too. cd-wow seem to have a couple of ntsc games too including animal crossing, mario golf and skies of arcadia. who knows maybe they will get some more cube ones in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

On dvdboxoffice.com, you can pay extra for courier shipping, only $15 Canadian dollars (€9) and you will recieve the game in two days (I haven't tried this option, but it sounds good).

If you leave postage free, the game should arrive in seven business days approx. However, including processing and weekends, it does take longer than you think (I used this option and I recieved F-Zero GX in twelve days).

Advertisement