Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pinnacle vs Hauppauge?

• 10-09-2003 4:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

which one is better

Pinnacle PCTV Pro (105 euros) i bought this one

or

Hauppouge WinTV Theather (150 euros)

?

(don't count WinTV's 5.1 as an advantage)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well I'v had a Hauppauge card for quite a while now and I've been very impressed with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

irish1 would you mind if i ask you couple of questions?

can you watch the tv without frames? does the software have that option?

here's what i mean
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~titaniumfists/Frameless.jpg (tv instead of the black area(my capture software can't capture moving objects, ActivX))

also can you capture video at higher resolution than 352x288? pinnacle can with MPEG2 720x572, but the max for Divx(avi) is 352x288

can you please take a snapshot of 1024x768? and post it? i'd really love to see the quality

768x576 is the max software can snapshot(kinda downfall)

http://homepage.eircom.net/~titaniumfists/Capture.jpg

also how does it connect to a soundcard? here it's external, cable runs from TV card to sound card, couldn't get the sound yet, strange

Thanks!

Not sure about the first question I didn't quite understand what you mean.

I can't take a snapshot I'm away from home working till saturday night but I'l post one then if no-one else does in th mean time.

Connect the capture card to the line in on the sound card.

what i mean by first question is, if you click that link, you'll see that there is only a screen there no controls nothing, it's frameless, i mean when you haven't much space on the screen it's very good to have option of hiding all the controls and stuff, and leaving only the window(video) to watch

"Connect the capture card to the line in on the sound card" thanks!

Originally posted by CyberGhost
    what i mean by first question is, if you click that link, you'll see that there is only a screen there no controls nothing, it's frameless, i mean when you haven't much space on the screen it's very good to have option of hiding all the controls and stuff, and leaving only the window(video) to watch

"Connect the capture card to the line in on the sound card" thanks!

Sorry gothca now Yes you can do that and you can make it damn small too I always leave it in the corner when I'm working away.

Hope that helps

• Advertisement

thanks mate!

gonna go and think up a reason for tomorrow to return the pinnacle card :D

Advertisement