Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake3 and Ati Rage Pro

Options
  • 12-05-1999 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

Having problems with quake3 and The ati rage card in college, it says glide intsallation .... something something.... could not load opengl subsystem , any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Yeah ATI sux. I dont think they have an OpenGL ICD and therefore its looking for a mini driver like the 3Dfx glide OpenGL driver called glide2x.dll or something like that. See if there are newer drivers available or even some beta drivers for OpenGL at the ATI site.

Jimmy...

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

scarab, install the glsetup thing, it`ll work a treat, thats what we did smile.gif...
    but you`ll have to be able to reboot, or do a modec80 and del wininit.ini and start win again...

should work fine that way..

Ro.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yep i have that card an i had that error.

goto www.3dfx.com and d/l special q3a drivers

one thing. is it the 3d card? coz i use my rage as a 2d card and a voodoo1. ya need the 3d card (as im sure you know) now you got me muddled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

No ya don't need another card WWMan, q3 works great on the Rage Pro 30-40fps like on a 400, just get the beta opengl drivers from ATI, and I spose run the glsetup proggy everyone is ravin aboot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Mystery Machine

GLsetup dose not work with NT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

For those who dont know ( im sure most of ye know this anyway):

The Ati rage series are 2d/3d card combo !
    There are specific gl drivers that emulate 3dfx for it and they are specially for quake
    The ati rage gl actually suits the q3test better we found ( better than the voodoo 2) as it cant emulate all the transparency effects properly so it uses a mesh filter instead so things are sharper and easier to see whats goin on ! You can download these drivers off ati site or company sites like DEll as they still ship onboard ati !

already did that and it still dosen't work!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

Ronin - What is a modec80 out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

ol, it works on most of the machines in here, when it says its safe to turn off now, just type modec80 and type dir
    you`ll see a listing all carpied up
    then type del wininit.ini and then win
    it`ll restart windows as if its done a full reboot...

Ro.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

I have the ati 3D pro like Scarabs here and cant get it working.
    I have downloaded the glsetup and ran it and i have gotten the special quake opengl driver from ati site and q3 loads grand but i get a white screen as if the gamma is too high. if i quit it i can just barely see the quit screen before q3 exits so something is right. Any ideas?

ps i have lowered the seta r_gamma to .5 in the q3config to no avail

• Advertisement

One of the links on www.quake.ie has the drivers for the ATI rage pro for opengl in WinNT but the drivers are not on the ATI website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 CrEaT IvE

Which link would that be?

CrEaT^IvE

I don't rember I've gone through so many sites trying to find them. I'll mail them to you on wednseday when I'm back at work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 CrEaT IvE

ta very much

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

Overlord i have an ati rage pro and if u want the drivers call down i can put then on 3 floppies or a zip or something. thie ones i have are an early beta version and whatever system i have put them on they have always worked

Advertisement