Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom to launch a special in October

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Scottish

Does this mean that they wont have to change their wholesale prices, as they are in effect offering a rebate of €10 a month across the contract for people who sign up during the promotional period?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭skrobe

It's on pg 42 by the way

looks like you get E10 off a month if u go with tech install only?
    pls correct me if imwrong , hopefully i am. So its 45e (incl vat) per month, well yip f****** eeeeeeeeeee. j:mad: . Could they of made it any more complecated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

HA HA! The document has been altered! The last 3 pages have been removed. They must have decided not to go with it ;) .

I got a print out though, Wahey!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Eircom have taken it down again.

Can anyone who got the document please post it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭skrobe

yep it's gone, fingers down the throat time for Dangger!!!!!. Do you think they made a mistake and are really going to go to the mass maket level of 35-40e, me thinks not. Ya have to say one thing about them ..................... their quick!
    j

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

ROFL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

here it is LOL

http://dahomelands.net/pending.pdf

Last few pages guys!! :)

Yup the hat is back, for the moment anyway. Better take down the press release too then, we're quick too you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

and the mystery deepens, tech bods in eircom say there being briefed on monday, yet the document or should i say the last 3 pages are gone

wonderful company eircom, you got to say there consistently inconsistent

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

It's hardly surprising they took the document down since it appears that staff have not been informed yet, and because people are already calling about the offer.

It looks like a case of one hand not being exactly in time with the other.

M.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Scottish

Not a price reduction, but a rebate to all consumers who sign up during the offer period?

Therefore, no reduction in wholesale rate, and in fact an attempt to throttle the margins of their competitors should they decide to respond.

If they go ahead with this, will they try and say that it is a retail "promotion" and therefore will have no impact on the wholesale rates?

In the wider context of a competitive market, I don't think that would be good news at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by Scottish
    Not a price reduction, but a rebate to all consumers who sign up during the offer period?

Therefore, no reduction in wholesale rate, and in fact an attempt to throttle the margins of their competitors should they decide to respond.

If they go ahead with this, will they try and say that it is a retail "promotion" and therefore will have no impact on the wholesale rates?

In the wider context of a competitive market, I don't think that would be good news at all.
    There is a reduced temporary connection price of 20 euros per port according to Eircom's document.

http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/pdf/adslpricelistv1.1.pdf

However the monthly rental of 27 euros for RADSL remains.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

So that makes it look like it's a temporary thing and thus not gonna be passed onto Wholesale. Grr argh...

Slightly off topic but did anyone notice while flicking through that that Eircom have call rates down with somone odd in it:

085 / 083 price price etc
    Meteor / Hutchinson

Anyone ever heard of that? New mobile phone company?

There are all sorts if devious amendments on the cards. It appears in an attempt to get out of managing phone boxes they are going to rattle cages by putting the minimum charge up to 50c.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by halenger

Slightly off topic but did anyone notice while flicking through that that Eircom have call rates down with somone odd in it:

085 / 083 price price etc
    Meteor / Hutchinson

Anyone ever heard of that? New mobile phone company?

Yes, I noticed that.

Hutchinson are 3, the new 3G mobile phone company that I believe should be launching sometime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Just had a girl from eircom call around, had a chat with her about all this. Apparently she just got back Dublin after a bit of training on this and it is being announced on Monday and its free modem and €10 off the current price. All this might have been mentioned already but it was a very amusing conversation all the same, (and at least its confirmed now, to me at least). I did feel sorry for her, all her banter (about 10 mins worth) and at the end I just kept saying "sorry I dont make any decision at the door", wouldn't mind but she wasn't a bad looker, and it is raining heavy enough and it is 6 in the evening, kinda felt sorry for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Originally posted by Dangger
    There are all sorts if devious amendments on the cards. It appears in an attempt to get out of managing phone boxes they are going to rattle cages by putting the minimum charge up to 50c.

Its stupid it went from 20p to 40c... feck another 10c increase

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

when i used to business in school, the teacher said that it was illegal to sell a product at a loss. years ago supermarkets would take a loss on the price of bread to attract people into the stores but they stopped doing it when new laws were introduced. Am I correct in saying that eircom can't sell adsl at a loss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by vishal
    when i used to business in school, the teacher said that it was illegal to sell a product at a loss. years ago supermarkets would take a loss on the price of bread to attract people into the stores but they stopped doing it when new laws were introduced. Am I correct in saying that eircom can't sell adsl at a loss?
    Specific laws apply to supermarkets which prevent them selling below cost. It doesn't apply to other shops for example.

Different regulations apply to Eircom. Essentially they can't bring out a new retail product without first having an appropriate wholesale offering in place and approved by ComReg.

The big question is whether this new thing constutes a new product or a 'promotion'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Originally posted by bk
    Yes, I noticed that.

Hutchinson are 3, the new 3G mobile phone company that I believe should be launching sometime soon.

Interesting that Hutchinson got the 083 prefix. I would have thaught that they would have got 084 but 083 does suit the brand more.

Strange the way they constantly refer to them as "meteor/Hutchinson" when they are 2 very different companies. They also refer to o2 as Esat o2. Are Eircom aware of the ownership of Irelands other Telco’s!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭esentziak

ESAT told me they could not offer a service to businesses for another 6 to 12 months; something about their infrastructure and the fact that they cannot give a fixed IP address.

Thanks for the other suggestions which I will check out, but as I am based in North County Dublin, probably not an option.

Esentziak

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Does anyone know if Eircom have any plans in the near future to increase the current cap of 4GBs per month on their starter pack?
    Also, if they reduce the price or capping, does not apply to us poor early adopters of the 55 EURO a month self-starter package? 4GBs is way too low if you work from home and use VPN to access corporate networks. :(

Originally posted by ADSLUSER
    Does anyone know if Eircom have any plans in the near future to increase the current cap of 4GBs per month on their starter pack?
    Also, if they reduce the price or capping, does not apply to us poor early adopters of the 55 EURO a month self-starter package? 4GBs is way too low if you work from home and use VPN to access corporate networks. :(

Yes, I know, that is why I went with Netsource.

Eircom might increase their cap now that IOL/Esat have and I expect UTV will, however I haven't heard any rumours about Eircom and they are always slow about things like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Any more news on the 2MBit service? :D

Advertisement