Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On line shopping

• 10-09-2003 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

Not to sure if this Is the right Forum but here goes

Looking to Purchase a 256Mb Memory stick for a digital camera
    Best price I could get was 7dayshop.com at £63GBP. Good price
    which I found hard to beat, First time to use this company and when I got to the checkout were you have to enter your Credit card details they also had a section for a 3 digit Credit Card Verification number (as well as the usual details) that is suppose to be on the back of the card near were you sign it. In my case that number had worn away and I could not make it out so I rang my bank to see if the could tell me what it was and was advised under no Circumstances should I supply this number as it is only used by the banks as a security check and not to purchase from them.
    Now I have shopped on line before and never had a problem like this, anyone come across this before is it something new? The site itself looks legitimate enough and there prices are good.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Lots of (legitimate) sites seem to ask for it these days. As discussed in this thread I've had problems using mine online. In the end 7dayshop did put my transactions though without it but were not happy doing so.

I think they are cracking down on credit card security-read on another forum where they advised someone to send a cheque as their card details couldn't be validated for some reason.

Other than that everything I ordered from them came within a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

As sunbeam said, lots of reputable sites are looking for that number these days. I suppose it's there as a check that you actually have the card in your possession (though all it really verifies is that you have at some point seen the back of the card).

7dayshop are reputable.

I checked crucial for a comparison as their prices are usually quite good. Largest memory stick they have is 128MB at GBP38.76 incl VAT. As you've said, the price you've got frmo 7dayshop is quite competitive.

Advertisement