Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 Website Unavailability

• 10-09-2003 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭

Is it just me or is the O2 site www.o2.ie unavailable regularly?

I use it a fair bit for free SMS messages and when it works it is great. However, it seems to be down several times a week for hours at a time.
    Errors range from timeouts to "500 Internal Server Error"s to "you have used all of your free texts for this month".

As this is the public face of O2 in Ireland, it does not inspire much confidence in their ability to run servers and web systems.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I was getting that error you have no messages left this month when really I had about 400.. other than that ive had no problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I regularly have problems accessing the site. Mind you, might be a problem from where i am accessing it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by iano
    Is it just me or is the O2 site www.o2.ie unavailable regularly?

it does get a bit flakey sometimes - but over the last few days it's been behaving badly - although vodafone can be just as bad at times so it's not exclusive to any one operator...

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

If you knew what I knew... :rolleyes:

/me bites lip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by The Corinthian

/me bites lip

Please tell more....

Only just back in Dublin but have been having problems with the o2 site all night. Really slow, 0 Messages Left This month [actucully more like 489 or so] and about 4 or 5 Internal Server errors. Never seen it this bad before :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I've always found the site very slow, also has a terriable habbit of causing javascript errors in IE (when I'm forced to use it) and the txt msg send page causes woful issues in Firebird/Mozila (won't allow proper typing of numbers after you send the first txt)

I think if the simplified the site it might help things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The vodafone one is a bit dodgy sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yeah i've being experencing this also. Its down almost half the time now. Also got javaproblems trying to pull down the My Messages thing on the side the send a webtxt. Ne ways if its any help , people who sending messages with o2, try this
    http://www.corkpages.com/sms/
    Thought id make life easier for people...also gets rid of that ad and allows 160chars instead of 132.

O2 / dol have always being having these problems with their site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭iano

I know your description thingy says "insane poster" but do you really expect anyone to input their UserID/Passwd onto your non-secure web page?

Not that I dont trust you or anything but its hardly a good practice :)

That UserID can view mobile bills, call details, address details, the lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Originally posted by iano
    I know your description thingy says "insane poster" but do you really expect anyone to input their UserID/Passwd onto your non-secure web page?

Not that I dont trust you or anything but its hardly a good practice :)

That UserID can view mobile bills, call details, address details, the lot!

Yes you have a good point here. I can assure you i have no interest in storing user/name passwords but then again why should ye take my word for that? (I really don't tho)
    Its your own choice if you want to use it or not :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Rorshach

Glad I'm not the only one. I find the O2.ie site to be incredibly unreliable. When it is working its slow. Bad to worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Using UCC computers last year I found that the o2 page was almost never available, or loaded really, really slowly. Oly occassionally did it work normally. But I dunno if thats because of UCC or what. I usually used the labs in the O'Rahilly building, I don't think I tried the O2 site in any other building.

Its a balls, because this year I'll need to send quite a lot of email through O2, and also my phone has an inconvenient email character limit for sending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 hugh_jass_ie

/me bites lip

Corinthian...I knows what you know too :rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Wow, dragging up a three year old thread. Bad newbie!

Advertisement