Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€39.99 a month DSL is a coming

• 10-09-2003 11:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

Should be good news for all users. Thread can be viewed on IrelandOffline forum here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

From October onwards and probably from UTV / IOL too.

Announcement in the next 72 hours.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

if this is right its one of the best things to happen in a long time:D

with no installing fee and a free modem for only 39,99 a month (still high anuff) it will be in reach of most people budget

I wonder though will their be a tiny cap or something 2 gig or so :(

anyway im going to hope its true and is going to have a fair cap

Edit

I merged the 2 posts from muck and taller so muck hasnt gone mad or anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Great news
    I just hope IOL lower their price too or i'm stuck paying €50/month for the next year

IOL and UTV will be in a position to offer a price some €6 to €7 lower per month (ex vat ) with no effect whatsoever on the amount they make at present.

Hopefully they will also see the merits of clocking in below €39.99 as well. Ring em tomorrow and ask them!

M

never know mighten be tolong till we get 1meg upcapped at 50 euro a month ........its all going the right way so far anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

i wouldnt hold your breath for that one bizmark :)

i wouldnt hold your breath for that one bizmark

ya i know but i can hope ;) ..............:D theirs something for you Ireland offline boys to do get me 1 meg uncapped for 50 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Dont get too excited yet :D , just remember the Luas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

just remember Chorus Powernet ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by bizmark
    ya i know but i can hope ;) ..............:D theirs something for you Ireland offline boys to do get me 1 meg uncapped for 50 euro

We're getting 1Mb uncapped dsl in November...for £24.99 (about 35 euro) a month. Set up fee is the same price :-)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by eth0_
    We're getting 1Mb uncapped dsl in November...for £24.99 (about 35 euro) a month. Set up fee is the same price :-)

You in ireland?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

That's why he quoted sterling :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

maybe northern ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Mr.Taz

She is in the middle of moving to a little village in Co Down, with one shop, no pub and less than 1000 residents i'd guesstimate.
    BT and NTL are moving to cover 100% of exchanges in N Ireland in the next year or two, they already have 80% covered. Now THAT'S progress, eh?

Originally posted by Mr.Taz
    HE eh :rolleyes:

BAH! i wish i could get 1 meg uncapped with out takeing out a loan with the world bank :rolleyes:
    BT and NTL are moving to cover 100% of exchanges in N Ireland in the next year or two, they already have 80% covered. Now THAT'S progress, eh?

that sure is progress alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

er. its now 12/9 and still nothing from eicon?

gbculllen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Originally posted by GBCULLEN
    er. its now 12/9 and still nothing from eicon?

gbculllen

There has been some movement on it :), basically its not a new product, its still 45 euro a month, but they will be "giving back" 10 euro, its a promotion not a new product. The details were correct though, free modem etc ... :)

More info here [1]

Paul

[1] http://dahomelands.net/pending.pdf *cough*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

link not working.

gb--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭cheradenine

Don't suppose anyone has any news on the rumoured bumping up from 1mb to 2mb's on the eircom enhanced service that was mentioned yesterday along with the i-stream promotion? Just on the vain hope that eircon manage to actually shock competitors into offering a cheaper 1mb in response..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭mrblack

Yep, Eircom have just advised today in the Indo that their i-stream promotion offer is amended: the amendment is free modem, no installation charge and no rental for first month, thereafter the monthly rental is at the standard rate of 55 euro.

So no 39.99 rental yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

thats all n'good having a promotion like that. I'll be taking it up once I get this crappy netsource connection taken out of my hands, but if Eircom are thinking that this promotion will get them closer to the 100,000 customers they are mistaken.
    I would consider my brother to be an 'average' citizen.... there is no way that he would pay nearly 60quid a month for a fast internet connection, no way. The most he would ever spend would be €30 a month and thats pushing it.

1. Eircom are not changing the wholesale price down to €20 ex vat which would allow the competition to come in at €39.99 incl VAT. No change there.
    2. There is a penalty of €150 if you break the 1 year contract , thats where they clawback the modem and free activation .
    3. This promotion will have relatively little effect IMO, expect a proper one in Feb or March as this marketing campaign loses impetus long before christmas
    4. Feb/March co-incides with the release of Half Life 2 ........c co-incidentally of course.

FYI Muck, the offical release date for HL2 is sep 30 2003, although there has been unofficial word that has slipped to the end of november. It should be out before the holidays though or Sierra wont be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yes according to gabe newell half-life 2 is still being pushed for sept 30th i've heard rumors of novemeber but where did you get the feb/march from is beyond me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

HL2 is to be released at the end of november. (it was delayed because they thought it might affect sales of counter strike: condition zero, afaik)

anyways back on-topic...
    imho this is nothing more then another €ircon PR stunt so they can say once again "Hey, look at us, suckers, we're great offering you this service at such a low low price yedda yedda yedda".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 griffzino

Promotion is up and running on Eircom.ie

Free Connection, Free Modem and First Month Free.

Now if i can get my line to pass!

On to webchat, and they are checking my no. again.

Originally posted by andrew163
    (it was delayed because they thought it might affect sales of counter strike: condition zero, afaik)

Its nothing to do with cs:cz, its more to do with the fact its not finished and steam cant deliver a 300 meg mod nevermind a full 3 cd game ......

Advertisement