Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your hours like?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Comp Sys first year UL

10 hours of Lectures.

Mon/Tue main tutorials and labs [dont have the final times for those yet]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

0 hours a week - As and from yesterday I'm no longer a student, yay! :)

I'm not exactly sure how many hours I had last year, we never got a timetable (no matter how many times we asked Course Head and Registrations for one :rolleyes: ) It was about 14 hours/week (of which 2 hours labs). Although nearly every other week there was a rescheduling of a class or lab. There were more hours in previous years. I do have to say, though, that we were lucky mostly in that we didn't have many massive gaps between classes , many early(9am) starts, or many late(6pm) finishes over the duration of the course compared to my sis or othr ppl I've heard from.

Now I'm gonna have to start training for a 9-5. EEK!

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

17 hours for meh businessssssssS marketing.

Nice half day friday, but the rest pretty much stretched out.

The worst bit of it is a threat that we're trying to fix.

On monday we have classes till 12 then no class till 5-6. 5 hour gap, now this might no be so bad but I don't exactly live close to the college. :( even waiting to go to the cinema wouldn't cover that besides probally get sick of it and waste of time n money.

Everyone chant, must change that class, must move it back to 1.

If they did my timetable in a nice way we could have a nice day of 9-3/4 each day and monday and friday off, that would be my ideal timetable.

In first year we managed to rearrange it to get Thursday off which was pretty sweet! Those were the days.

Gid.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I start at 9am every morning :(

I have even more hours than origially believed!!

Gah!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

26 hours. 9 start every day except Wednesday (10). Till 5 everyday til Friday (12) :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by Amz
    I start at 9am every morning :(

I have even more hours than origially believed!!

Gah!!!

Poor babies ;)

Wait til "real life" begins and you end up being in work for 8am!!!

Or you end up working an 80+ hour week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ah and getting paid for it makes alllll the diff

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Exactly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Pauleeeeeeee

I just started first year.
    I'm not even in on a friday and the earliest I start everyday is 10 a.m. Bar monday I'm only in till bout 3 each day with loads of breaks. Muhahaha, go on the DCU Multimedia course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

cant edit the other post...

18 hours a week total for Comp Sys Year1 in UL

9 of tutorials n labs between Monday n Tuesday

9 of lectures over Wed thru friday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Nike_Dude

just got the timetable today 8 hours a week not too bad!:D but i know im going to have to spend hours upon hours in the library researching things

Advertisement