Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pocketing - where?

Options
  • 11-09-2003 8:42am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

I was looking into getting something like this done (just 1 horizontal bar initially down at my wrist - maybe more later).

Where in Ireland would be a good place to get this done? My local place here in Galway can't do it - guy said he's just not qualified for surgical procedures (he also called me a psychopath for wanting it done, but that's another story). He suggested Metal Morphasis, but I've seen a number of people on this board say no to that place.

So what's the dilly-oh-yo? Also, anyone have any idea how much something like that might cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by bedlam

I wouldnt exactly call it a surgical procedure :)

Eh what would you call it? Of course it's a surgical procedure, it's just not being done by a surgeon in an operating theatre. It's an invasive surgical procedure that carries more risks than a simple piercing. That's why you must NOT go to metal morphosis! I'm shocked if those clowns are doing implants! They can't even stretc h a piercing without f*cking it up!

Rob and Steve in Snakebite are best for implants, or you could come along to the tattoo convention in Dublin in November and ask around!

**edit**
    Silly me, got confused with the implant thread! Yeah pocketing isn't really a surgical procedure :)
    Paddy or Steve and Rob are still best to go to and i'm shocked MM would do pocketing. heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

such an offputting pic hehe, 8 days i know, looks really cool, how would ya go about cleaning them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

It looks nice it looks like he was stappled by a giant stapler! :p . How long would it take for something like that to heal and how to look after it. I can just imagine it getting caught in something but its still cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Kharn
    Hey all,

I was looking into getting something like this done (just 1 horizontal bar initially down at my wrist - maybe more later).

Damn, had a friend up in dublin who had that done (And his girlfriend!) but I've not seen him in ages. There's someone else I could ask next time I'm in dublin though, see what they say/
    Originally posted by Kharn
    Where in Ireland would be a good place to get this done? My local place here in Galway can't do it - guy said he's just not qualified for surgical procedures (he also called me a psychopath for wanting it done, but that's another story). He suggested Metal Morphasis, but I've seen a number of people on this board say no to that place.

Hehehe, you dont want to know why he called me a psychopath.
    Or maybe you do...?

Advertisement