Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suikoden 4 announced

• 11-09-2003 8:56am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Suikoden 4 will be shown off by Konami at some Japanese tradeshow. Full story is on www.rpgamer.com and www.suikosource.com . Theres not much info on it except that it will be on PS2.

Frankly I can't wait for this game. Suikoden is quickly becoming my favourite RPG series since finishing the trilogy during the Summer and especially after finding out just how good Suikoden 2 was.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

Suikoden is my favourite RPG series, how did you play number three though, I thought that Konami where not releasing this in Europe ?

Please tell me they did (I would probably buy a PS2 tomorrow if they did ) :x

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Konami didn't release it in Europe. i got my PS2 chipped so that it could play import games and got Suikoden 3 from America. If you want to play it I'd get it soon. Suikoden 3 was quite hard to find in america until two months ago when they brought out a few more copies. However this release is limited so there aren't many. I can see Suikoden 3 becoming like Xenogears and the other 2 Suikoden games. Nowadays the only way to get them is second hand copies that cost $45 and upwards.

I just hope that Suikoden 3 did as well as it deserved to in America so that there will at least be an American release.

hummm chipped PS2 + finding an import of the game ... might just wait and see if they bring the seires in a package at some later date

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well from what I heard from konami is the chances of Suikoden 3 coming to Europe are non-existant. If you want to play it then you'll just have to import the game and get a PS2 chipped. It is expensive so you'll have to ask yourself how much you want to play the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I was pretty disappointed by Suikoden III, it seemed to be a lot more linear than the previous two and although the graphics were vastly improved it just felt like every other next-gen RPG and was missing the special atmosphere of the first two.

• Advertisement

Have to agree with you super_furry, although it was still a great game.

I found it lacked the other two games epic feel. The first two games really made you feel as if you were part of this huge on going war. I didn't get this feeling from suikoden 3. The major battles in sukoden 1 + 2, while simple, did have a great feeling of a huge battle going on and it always brought a smile to my face to hear the cheer from my troops when I won. The major battles in Suikoden 3 were more like skirmishes with only 6 v. 6 characters instead of a huge mass of sprites clashing. Also the nostalgia I felt while playing Suikoden 2 wasn't as strong in Suikoden 3. I some how feel that the game would have benefitted from being done in 2D rather than 3D since they could fit loads more units on screen than in the slowdown ridden engine they used for Suikoden 3. However it's still a fun game and well worth getting.

is there a cook off in the third one :)

Unfortunately theres no cook off. It probably didn't make it because of time constraints is since Suikoden 3 was well over schedule after losing one of it's most important staff members because there's no way they would cut out the best sub game ever :D

Advertisement