Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardware shops in Dublin City Center?

• 11-09-2003 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭

Ok, you're walking down Grafton St. and you want to buy a stick of RAM - where would you go?
    I'm so sick of having to walk all the way down to Maplin/Peats, there must be somewhere closer.

Any ideas?

Sorry if this is a smidgen off-topic

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

IT Direct on Parliament Street.
    www.itdirect.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

or compustore on stephens green or beyond 2000 (if its still there) on chatham row... but thats gonna be pricey :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Go home or to an internet cafe and order from Crucial or Komplett and you'll most likely have it the following day for about half the price. There isn't an Irish shop worth a look in. Only exceptions are Elara (good prices but no real walk in service) and Creative (web only but keen pricing and free delivery).

I'm just back from the states where I spent many many credit card threatening hours wandering around Fry's. Picture B&Q for nerds! Best buy and Circuit City are also massive shops with sizeable computer sections and good prices.

Peats new shop is smaller and less well stocked than the old one IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by milltown
    Go home or to an internet cafe and order from Crucial or Komplett
    Heh, knew someone was going to say that, but unfortunatly I don't have a credit card :/
    Peats new shop is smaller and less well stocked than the old one IMO.
    Agreed, I really don't like Peats new premesis either... it reminds me of Dixons now... the old one was much more cosey, you could stand there for hours looking at stuff, where the new premesis makes you feel rushed somehow.
    A lot of items are missing price tags aswell.
    Maybe they'll improve it once they've settled in properly.

Thanks for the tips ppl.

Advertisement