Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small, interesting Demos....

Options
  • 19-05-1999 8:31pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

ok these are two small demos I made in Q3.
    You play them by d/ling them (they are about 10k each!!!) and putting them in your baseq3/demos directory. (rename demoq3 to baseq3 and create a demos directory of you dont already have one.)

The first one is pretty much self explanatory and shows a strafe jump from one side of q3test1's lava pool to the other (using the gargoyles bases). Pretty much anyone should be able to do this.
    Its at
    http://www.spinsol.com/tom/jump.dm3

The other is something I stumbled upon while comically trying to get out of the lava with about 26 health. I was (laughably) trying to hop from foot to foot to minimise the damage from the lava (because as everyone knows if you type Ow Ow Ow in the console while in lava you get hurt less ... smile.gif )

Bizarrely this WORKS. If, while you are standing in the q3test1 lava, you bunny hope you WILL NOT BE HURT.

Now, you have to be pretty skilled to do it and I can only recreate one such jump (I did a string of them while not demoing I swear!)

Down load the demo and watch the health on the SECOND jump of the series. You can clearly see that I landed in the lava (where else could I go!) and jumped to the wall without being hurt (and then, having no where to jump, burned to a crisp).

Kewl or what!

http://www.spinsol.com/tom/lava.dm3

I'm going to rip this game apart and make it mine. I'll be uploading Regi and My new site pretty soon too.

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Are you that desperite to be good at something DeV ?

Just asking smile.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Patented Peewee Spam Avoidance Reply.

The links now work too...

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This is getting lost in the arguments up above.

Dev.

Advertisement