Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sticker Idea

• 11-09-2003 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Why not print out a sticker the size of a shop shelf edge, with the Irish price of a product, and the price of the same product in the UK/France or wherever?

Then the next time you are in C*ntra or Sp*r, stick it over the existing shelf edge. Make sure you are discreet so you don't get caught...

Example:

WHAT A RIP-OFF!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Because that's criminal damage.

Think of Ghandi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Good idea though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mojo_t_monkey

Originally posted by Typedef
    Because that's criminal damage.

I get what you are saying, but it's hardly throwing bricks through windows, now is it? If you use an easy-peel sticker, then there is no damage involved, only a nusance.

Maybe the "What a rip-off" comment is defamatory, and so should be excluded, but there is nothing defamatory about pointing out a price comparison without editorial.

This could be like a "Flash mob". Organise 100 people to pick a product each. In the week before the flash mob each person researches their product comparing the price in the given store with our european neighbours, and makes their sticker.

On the morning of the FM, Phone RTE, TV3 and Sky and walk into the shop at the prescribed time and gently apply the labels and leave.

Make a statement to the press, then politely offer the store manager to return and remove the labels, without leaving any mess.

No jury in the land would find against you for that one.

Hey presto - big publicity, no damage and the comanies HAVE to publicly respond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Originally posted by mojo_t_monkey
    Then the next time you are in C*ntra or Sp*r, stick it over the existing shelf edge. Make sure you are discreet so you don't get caught...

Being discreet won't be much use in Centra's or Spar's as they're generally riddled with security cameras whih cover every aisle.

Good point, but if it's a flash mob, wear a hat and sunglasses.

How is 1 "security" guard going to stop 100 people? And if he grabs anyone, he is comitting a greater offence.

And the 3 underpaid, unregistered staff? What is thier motivation to stop anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Re: Sticker Idea?..

mojo_t_monkey,

Your idea triggered me in too thinking that a "Car Sticker" that car/and other vehicle owners could voluntarily stick inside their vehicles back window. Promoting the RipOffIreland.Org website.

Would be making use of a risk free and effective proven method of keeping the name in the - public eye.

An easily remembered *Slogan would be needed, and off the top of my head I would suggest something like:- " *CLICK ON!; WWW.RIPOFFIRELAND.ORG, For a FAIR DEAL?.." might suffice.

Then of course there is the question of the costs of having these
    self adhesive stickers paid for?.. How would *LFCFan raise the mo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Re: Sticker Idea?..

mojo_t_monkey,

Your idea triggered me in too thinking that a "Car Sticker", that car/and other vehicle owners, could voluntarily stick inside their vehicles back window. Promoting the RipOffIreland.Org website. Might be worth considering.

It would be making use of a proven risk free and effective method of keeping the name in the - public eye.

An easily remembered *Slogan would be needed, and off the top of my head I would suggest something like:- " *CLICK ON!; WWW.RIPOFFIRELAND.ORG, For a FAIR DEAL?.." might suffice.

Then of course there is the question of the costs of having these
    self adhesive stickers paid for?.. How would *LFCFan raise the money OR is there someone out there, who would *sponsor these stickers, maybe a *Sponsored by :- Name etc, could be put included the bottom right hand corner of the stickers.

In the end it will of course be(LFCFans) decision as to whether or not he wishes to follow this type of promotion method, or he could have an on-sight POLL people could vote YES or NO too the idea.

Just my 2cs worth!.

P.

;)

Or just simply www.RipOffIreland.org would do the trick. People are inquisitive and the name is good enough bait.

They could design one, put it on the site, and people could print it, cut it out and stick it on with Sellotape.

Need to get a decent design though, and alternatives for people with laser or colour printers.

I know a graphic designer if you want one designed properly

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Good suggestion lads. To be honest to popularity of the site has taken me by surprise and all these ideas and plans are coming in thick and fast. If anyone know of a company that would be willing to sponsor the site for some stickers (as long as the company in question are not in the habit of ripping people off of course) let me know!

I was interviewed on Newstalk 106 earlier today. More publicity for the site!

Advertisement