Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clan Survival - 2 B or Not 2 B?

Options
  • 18-05-1999 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

Look,

Very simply, You all moaned to fuuck that the quake scene was dying and it was stagnant. Myself, Blade and Devore came up with the very unique idea of Clan Survival and I went and done up alot of work on web pages, etc to make it happen.

First week was slowish, but that was expected. But the weekend just gone was a complete waste of time as hardly anyone turned up. Now I know Q3A is on the scene now and people are having a ball playing it so thats quite understandable (and there is exams and all).

To my point : Im not going to waste my time if people are not turning up. So Post here and let me know if we should continue with CS or let it go. I dont mind either way. I have other projects lined up, so whatever..

Just dont mess me about and let me know.

Eric.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Good point. But could we know before next weekend? I'm not cancelling another night out just so I can hang around IRC and play CA (not that there is anything intrinsically wrong with IRC or CA , just I'd prefer to be in the pub!).

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Anjo

I for one think that CS is a great idea and great fun. If ppl bother their asses to turn up every1 will have loadsa fun, but if no1 is bothered, fook it. No point in wastin ur time Eric.
    See how next weekend goes
    Anjo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

i agree, its cool...
    ill be turning up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I agree, It should be kept goin...I wish i could play this weekend, but i have an exam on saturday and another on monday, so if i am able to play at all, it won't be for another 3 weeks at least sad.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Considering 50+ people entered the Clan Survival thingy and the lack of posts to this , its only fair to say its binned.

Sorry bout this, But as I said, I don't have to the time or energy to waste on something that nobody wants to do.

Eric.

PS. Remember that the next time you all moan that there is no competitions, lan games, quakefests or whatever going on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Suds

Eric -Thanks for your effort in organising this. I for one am sorry to see it die as i was enjoying the few games that i played.

I hope ppl remember that it was their actions (or lack of) that killed this.

Keep The Faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Sorry Eric, appricate all the work you did, ya INC Campin Bastid tongue.gif

Gandalf.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Exams and Q3a have detracted from it.
    Pity, was a good idea and well executed.

Keep the faith Eric, and ta for the work done.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Scarab

I dont play Quake anymore which was why i wasnt there at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Ahh ****e!

I obviously needed the practise at wars smile.gif

Anyway, 'twas a great idea. Congrats for getting it off the ground. Pity it hasn't worked out. Maybe timing was all that was wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

fair play MP

try it again sometime....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Thanx Guys,

I appreciate the support. Maybe when things settle a little with exams, etc, I'll put something togther, probably a 1 day lan comp or something.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What I think might work and what could be pretty simple is if we said "everyone who wants a war turn up on irc at 6 on saturday" and we make teams on the spot.
    Be it q1,2 or 3.

There are a lot of people who want to play wars but they dont have sufficient numbers to just turn up on irc the way we used to.

This could be just an informal thing where by the new players can get a few team games and we still keep the war flame burning.

DeV.

[This message has been edited by DeVore (edited 20-05-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Do we get a default victory since we were stomping:p

Advertisement