Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Redbox] Layo & Bushwhacka

• 11-09-2003 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

In keeping with the new Redbox policy of hosting the big name DJ club events on Friday nights instead of Saturday nights, this Friday we welcome LAYO & BUSHWACKA! back to Redbox for the launch of their new album "All Night Long". Named after their on-going monthly residency at London club The End, the album combines all the elements of their sound - be it hip-hop, electro, breaks, deep house, early acid, funk, soul & techno. As with their End residency the album combines up to the minute finds, forgotten classics, reworks of their own productions and exclusive L&B! edits of party favourites (check their rework of Sly & The Family Stone's 'Dance To The Music'!).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Should be a laugh, I'm there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

the general consensus from reports ive gotten bout them is that theyre the worst djs on the planet living off their productions

i shall therefore be getting very very drunk in a gaff instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Sico
    Should be a laugh, I'm there.

Me too, and for free, thanks to Robbie :)

I'll more than likely be the extremely m0nged kid with some stupid trendy tshirt on. I look like the guy out of Doom. Look out for me and preferably give me drugs and/or drink if I look like I haven't had enough to put me in hospital...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Afraid I won't be making it this weekend either..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

the robbie rivera night looks well tasty in fairness

anyone thinkin of attending?

Well what'd y'all think of Layo and Buskwacka? Wasn't mightly impressed myself...was pretty average!

I enjoyed it a lot, but then again I was totally fucked (first order: two double voddy red bulls for me) and it was the first house gig I'd been to in ages. I liked the bit of electro thrown in as well.

On a side note, Robbie was playing a damn fine chunky warm-up set (for once imo) - well done that man.

I'm not the biggest fan of the redbox, but you've got to love that sound system.

Originally posted by Sico

I'm not the biggest fan of the redbox, but you've got to love that sound system.

yeah how could you NOT! It's badass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

yea i thought robbie played a bangin set, and lay and bw were good! although i would have danced the macerena the state i was in. thanks for the passes robbie!!

• Advertisement

Hrm, we must organize a Boards clubbing extravaganza some time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Sound is bad ass in the rb.
    I even love the monitor speakers in the dj box, they're quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

i was there, was a good night.

Was in the VIP lounge for most of it though :eek:

Not much dancing.

A boards clubbing night out sounds good :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭bazza1981

was there and was a good night. drank a little too much though (a litre of wine, 3 double vodkas, and an unknown amount of smirnoff ice) judging from the way i felt saturday morning and also asking people who i was talking to how come you weren't there last night!!!

Advertisement