Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SCOTLAND. ITS MOVED FORWARD. JUNE 25TH.

Options
  • 20-05-1999 10:09pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Bugger.

I've commandeered the NEWS message board (sorry cloud, any port in a storm)

Can all people interested in going to scotland please congragate there please as the Q3 stuff etc will swamp important discussions here.

Look there now for a detailed message.

DeVore

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

http://cloud.ign.ie/cgi-bin/boards/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=News&number=20&DaysPrune=10&LastLogin=

thats the board im using for Scotlan stuff (its listed under NEWS in the main boards listing)

I need people who are going to go to scotland to look there for info. If anyone sees any of the team or people who are interested in the team then please tell them about this.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Here's the rules for the 4 Nations Competition. Probably same rules for all other games too.

Format:

Games will be 20mins in length
    Teams will be 4 in size.
    Mod use will be Mavericks KTEAM mod, with no specific seconds timer in the clock.
    Each Participating Nation will pick a “home” map from the pool of DM2,DM3 and E1M2.
    Each Participating Nation will play each other Nation twice, once at home once away.
    The top 2 Nations at the end of these games will then play off in a final over the same format.
    In the event of a tying of places in the group stage, Efficiency will be used to determine the final placings.

Rules:

1. DeathMatchMode will be 1 (weapons re-spawn)
    2. TeamPlayMode will be 2 (can harm team members)
    3. Proxies Allowed will be :
    a)Qizmo v2.71 and later
    b)Cheapo v2.6 and later
    There will be restrictions on proxies placed so that only colour forcing and location reporting will be possible. You must start your qwcl/glqwcl by using a proxy, with f_modified enabled.
    4. Only base skins will be permitted
    5. No boomstick/axescripts.
    6. No additional Pak Files at all for extra ASCII Characters or Crosshairs.
    7. No edited/exchanged sounds or edited models.
    8. Fairpacks will be off

If all goes to plan, there's going to be a North American team, a California team, a Euro team and Wales, England, Scotland and us.

A couple of the Scots players have said we can use their machines for matches if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

The French want to send a team too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

right so, after playing with base skins all day today, i think gl quake people will have a definite advantage because they can use 640*480 at viewsize 100 with 72 fps easily, which makes it much easier to see the base skins (i tried it in software, if i had 72 fps at 640*480 i wouldnt have cared about fullbrights at all)

so basically I wanna switch to GLquake.
    anyone out there know how well TNT2's overclock? cos my system runs at 124mhz bus speed, which means that even with the agp 2/3 cpu clock divider thing, the agp bus will be running at 82 mhz instead of 66 mhz.

[This message has been edited by Koopa (edited 22-05-99).]

Advertisement