Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael moores New Book - "Dude, wheres my Country"

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭IgnatiusJRiley

Originally posted by DadaKopf

Anywho... I found SWM tedious. I didn't finish it. . His chapter on the Bush election was excellent, though.

I agree totally. The book is over-hyped... probably to do with all the bother he had getting it published.
    Didn't finish it because everything was just BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

bowling for columbine (which was presented as fact) was later debunked.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=1104258#post1104258

I won't defend Moore's inaccuracies or his occasional ill-timed rant - yes, the Oscars - but I find it pathetic when people write him off completely based on the debunking of a few facts out of thousands. As shotamoose has pointed out, linking to an obviously biased site to prove your point is naive in the extreme.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Am I the only person to read the artical at Spinsanity? The thing was carfully worded by an obvious Republican, I'm not Moores biggest fan, but this artical is a joke by critism. No one could take Spinsanity's artical to heart, re-read with the thought it may also be misleading the truth and careful not insite lible.

Why is the right so afriad of him, if hes wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Originally posted by IgnatiusJRiley
    I agree totally. The book is over-hyped... probably to do with all the bother he had getting it published.
    Didn't finish it because everything was just BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Yea it wasn't as exciting and thought provoking as Roy Keane's book. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Well I thoroughly enjoyed SWM. I don't claim to have much knowlegde of american politics, bit I know a lot more now!

If he was indeed talking such crap, I suspect he'd be unmasked by now for it.

One thing for sure is that his 'dumbing down' of the facts, have made a whole lot of people more aware of the state of america today. Which is nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭²°°³webkev²°°³

Originally posted by Havelock
    Am I the only person to read the artical at Spinsanity? The thing was carfully worded by an obvious Republican, I'm not Moores biggest fan, but this artical is a joke by critism. No one could take Spinsanity's artical to heart, re-read with the thought it may also be misleading the truth and careful not insite lible.

Why is the right so afriad of him, if hes wrong?

The books can go a little far, but they are just moore's opinions, which is the main reason people buy them and go to his films..
    All the things he says are clearly refernced at the back if people want to check up on the authenticity of his facts..

As for revoking the oscar, I looked at their website, and it seems the main reason they want to recall the award is because of an article a california NRA Lawyer did giving 10 reasons he believed the documentary was more fiction than non fiction..
    I found it a biased padded hateful article and so I made my own page in response to it..

http://www.geocities.com/kevinnorton2/bowlingforcolumbine.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Lawnkiller

Originally posted by dahamsta
    True I suppose. She just isn't as direct as Moore about it.

adam

Have read 'Fences and Windows' after reading SWM.

Stupid White Men is, as already stated, geared more towards the American market. No Logo is more a review of current(well, at the time anyway) problems. Fences and Windows goes into how ppl are dealing with these problems, albeit in a very chunked manner. The article based format does split the book up nicely but leave out the cross-polination of ideas seen so much in No Logo. I feel Klein would be better to quote in an essay,for example, but Moore is just good fun about serious stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

here's Michael answer to the spins and so called lies.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/wackoattacko/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭²°°³webkev²°°³

Dude is now No 1 on Amazon!!

There are over 1 Million Confirmed orders of the book, and it's not even released until monday at midnight..

Al Franken is at 4!!
    Either there are no conservatives left, or they dont read :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement