Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sticky for Gombín announcements?

• 11-09-2003 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭

I wonder if there is any chance of putting a sticky up for gombín's announcements?

Most of his info is coming thru' the Ashbourne thread and I'd say a lot of people are missing the great service he is providing.

What do the mods think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭joe90

He knows his stuff and his info is very helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

And what about "Gombín, poster of the month", with his photo on the home page! :D

He's very helpful indeed!

Raphael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Coolermaster

Gombín for taoiseach!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

What if I said my real name was Bertie Aherne
    Originally posted by Coolermaster
    Gombín for taoiseach!
    :p lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Bump!! Before the thread disapears into oblivion. :)

Anyonr else think the sticky is a good idea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭pete

I think it's a great idea

but only if he can tell me about the DSL status of the fabled Clonee / damastown exchange... which may or may not exist....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

Pete,

Sorry took so long in getting back. Clonee is due for upgrade sometime before Spring. Damastown is a different exchange altogether, and is tiny, so is unlikely to be done for at least a while.

Regrads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭crowbar

but there's already a sticky called 'broadband availability what and where' that could be used for this purpose. what's the difference between that thread and the one you want to start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by crowbar
    but there's already a sticky called 'broadband availability what and where' that could be used for this purpose. what's the difference between that thread and the one you want to start?
    Because you can't have just one thread per subject on this board ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

what's the difference between that thread and the one you want to start?

Have you looked at that thread lately. It mabye does what it says on the tin but there is a lot of padding. This sticky would be just for announcements. Clean and to the point, where we will know where to go for up-to-date info.

Who would have realised that under the "Broadband available in Ashbourne" thread there were updates on exchanges in Cork. It wouldn't occur to me to look under Ashbourne if I was in Clonakilty.

Leave the sticky free for Gombín Q & A's. Discussions can take place outside the sticky. I just think it would sort out the higgildy piggildy mess at the moment where an announcement can appear in any thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭crowbar

Originally posted by Valentia
    This sticky would be just for announcements. Clean and to the point, where we will know where to go for up-to-date info.
    ha! that's funny. unless you can restrict posters on the thread to gombín only, it will degenerate into exactly what the other thread is atm, in less than 45 minutes. updates usually occur in other random threads because somebody has posted a question in them rather than starting a new thread, or posted in the thread that's there expressly for this purpose.

if a sticky thread does get put up there, then can we at least unstick the other one. may it rest in peace ww)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭pete

Originally posted by gombín
    Pete,

Sorry took so long in getting back. Clonee is due for upgrade sometime before Spring. Damastown is a different exchange altogether, and is tiny, so is unlikely to be done for at least a while.

Regrads.

Many thanks.

Give this man a sticky!

Advertisement