Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB or BOI Student A/C??

Options
  • 11-09-2003 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

related to the other thread, just wanna see what ya'll are goin for?

i already have a second level a/c with BOI but before i get it upgraded i wanna see what the craic is with AIB?? any help??

Which is better for Students?? 18 votes

AIB
    0% 0 votes
    Bank of Ireland
    100% 18 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I used AIB since the start never had any problems with them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

I opened both to get free Mars bars and noodles.. :) Only going to use one of course... probably AIB because I have an a/c already..

Might open 2 or 3 more tomorrow for more free food :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sumaire

Always used AIB, so I just transferred the ac to a Student Plus account, you get stuff during october if you use it a certain number of times.

Then BOI, I opened one of those for the offers, free flights, money off things, and the goodie bag, Mars, Noodles and all the free sweets in the bank... yummie cola bottles, they were calling me and I just HAD to obligue, you know how it is.

Overall I like AIB, but that's just me.

Sumaire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Gaffo

I went with AIB. They've always treated me really well, even when I got into a bit of financial difficulty with them. They send threatening letters that are really nicely worded and still make you want to deal with them, not tell them to fcuk off cos you haven't made a payment of €2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Tails

Well ive got a BOI A/C but im gonna open an AIB account to get a freshers ball ticket, but theres not a huge difference anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Either will work, I have both. The BOI one is handy cos the grant cheques are from BOI and they clear a tiny bit faster if they're loged in BOI.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

As far as banks go Aib is much nicer to deal with then Boi,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Duo

AIB, of course. You get free crisps and Lucozade. O_o (Let it never be said I am easy to please) And besides, their ads are all colourful and the BOI ones are just dull. And if THAT isn't the mark of quality, then i don't know WHAT is.

Advertisement