Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some excellent bands playing an all day show this sat...

Options
  • 11-09-2003 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭

i got this off some other site...looks like a class day of music

The Wake
    The Blackfort Organic Art Gallery will be closing it's doors on Sunday 14th September (that's this Sunday). It has played host to a number of free gigs for the past six months or so and also houses a variety of art work and toys. It will be sorely missed.

To celebrate the Blackfort Gallery and the smiles it brought to people, there will be a day of festivities on Sunday 14th. In keeping with the Gallery Gigs tradition it is completely free. And as is traditional with a Wake, everyone is required to wear black.

The Blackfort Organic Gallery is located on Crow Street, Temple Bar. It's right behind the Foggy Dew pub and across the way from Tante Zoe's restaurant.
    This is featuring some of the best acts in Ireland today, so definitely check it out.

2.00-2.45 The Dudley Corporation
    They're releasing a new album "In love with..." and have received critical acclaim both here and abroad. Moving from abrasive rock to delightful melody in a single chord change, the Dudley Corporation are easily one of the best acts to come from Ireland.

2.45-3.15 John Lambert (aka Chequerboard)
    His album "Gothica" was released last year on Spitroast records. An imaginative musician who will be playing some of his solo stuff which has gone down well in the Ruby Sessions.

3.15-3.45 Derrick Devine
    Accomplished performer who has brought out two E.P.'s this year. His music veers from reflective songs to rousing rock.

3.45-4.30 Bryan O'Connell (papercop) & Diarmuid Mc Diarmuida (Jimmy Cake)
    Bryan O'Connell is one of the most talented drummers playing in Dublin these days, playing with bands such as Papercop and El Diablo. Diarmuid McDiarmuida is a versatile and talented musician who contributes heavily to the wonderful sounds of the Jimmy Cake and the Tycho Brahe. These two will be joining forces again to produce a maelstrom of sound.

4.30-5.15 Maersk
    Labelmates of Herv on Compactrisc records, Maersk are similar in vein to Godspeed You Black Emperor or Mogwai. Expect brooding sounds and turbulent guitar noises.

5.15-6.00 Tycho Brahe
    They shall be releasing their second album "Love Life" at the end of the month. Their debut "This is..." could be considered one of the best albums released from an Irish act in years. Sweet vocals over delicious melodies, this should be one of the most memorable gigs you'll see this year.

6.00-6.45 Adrian Crowley
    The intimate sounds of Adrian Crowley suit the Gallery perfectly. Has released an album "When you are here you are family" along with sharing a Road Relish 7" with Nina Hynes and guesting on Estel's latest release.

6.45-7.30 Settler
    Their album "Life Upstream" was well-received when it was released last year. Leaning towards alt-country, their duel vocals work like a dream. Currently working on a new album which shall be released very soon.

7.30-8.15 United Bible Studies
    Part of the Deserted Village music collective, United Bible Studies played a smashing set first thing on Sunday morning at the Mór Festival (to all the zombies!). Expect folky songs with a hint of bohemia and one of the nicest voices you'll hear for a long time.

8.15-9.00 Nina Hynes
    One of the most interesting and eclectic high-profile musicians in the country right now. Her album "Staros" was very well-received. This is a great opportunity to see Nina at her enigmatic best.

9.00-9.30 Mr Creosote
    Coming from the burgeoning Limerick music scene which has given us the tremendous giveamanakick, Mr. Creosote are armed with a series of tunes that'll stick in your head. They shall be releasing an album in the coming weeks.

9.30-9.50 Bullets
    A short, sharp jab in the arm of the evening's proceedings, Bullets is the brainchild of former Baseball Fury and Satan Clause member Andrew Fogarty. Mixing hip-hop beats with the occasional barrage of noise, Bullets can claim to be one of the most cutting-edge acts around.

9.50-10.30 Blue Food
    Among the wave of electronica that is sweeping the country right now, Blue Food stands out with his fun-loving sets that will have you laughing and dancing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

interesting, but according to the article thingymabob, itsd on sunday, not sat.

thanks for the info though.
    i'll go if i can get my black metallica t-shirt washed in time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

This Saturday "Young, Gifted and Broke" takes to the slowly being revamped Music Center. Basically its a whole night of great music for free. 8pm to 3am.

The Rags
    Efx - R - Xl
    Martha Washington
    Emiline Kavanagh

IRIS acoustic in the Side Room.

Indie-Alternative Classics in the Main Room after the gig.

Admission is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

Originally posted by Achille
    interesting, but according to the article thingymabob, itsd on sunday, not sat.

thanks for the info though.
    i'll go if i can get my black metallica t-shirt washed in time :D

hey man sunday is the new saturday... thats so obviously what i meant. i'm not that stupid...honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

haha, i'll let you away with that, as long as you turn up to The Sugar Club on the right night next week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

Just to make things even worse... I think the other gig is actually on Saturday and not Sunday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement