Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile No. Portability Nightmare!

• 12-09-2003 12:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

pat kenny read out a story this morning on his show (i wasn't listing to it by choice before anyone asks!)

rtsp://streaming2.rte.ie/2003/0911/pkenny2.ra
    (paste link into real audio - fast forward to 1:03:45)

he starts his usual rant/ramble at about 1:06:30 so you may want to spare yourself that experience at around that point ;)

anyhow story goes:

a woman gets an SMS on her Voda RTG welcoming her to the O2 network - she didn't know what it was about and deleted/ignored it

after that when her kids sent her texts (that said delivered) she didn't get any of them - so her son called her number and got through to some guy who said her son much have dialed the wrong number

the guy called out his number it was one digit out from the woman's number - and everything clicked - the O2 agent had requested the wrong Voda no. to port, and Voda had granted permission to port the wrong number

so the woman is stuck in limbo - Voda blaming O2 and O2 blaming Voda - and she was told it might be some time before she gets her number back

what a nightmare!

BrianG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Thats a fecking disaster ... some muppet fat fingered it and a customer is ****ed up by it and no-one wants to take responsibility or take the initiative ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

the whole porting thing seems to be a disaster imo.. My girlfriend ported from o2 to vodafone over the summer and about 6 weeks later (probably more at this stage) it still isnt complete. She cant recieve calls from any landlines or o2 mobiles.

And as you say above, Vodafone are blaming O2 and O2 are blaming Vodafone. If it goes through by christmas i'll consider it a miracle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

the whole porting thing seems to be a disaster imo.. My girlfriend ported from o2 to vodafone over the summer and about 6 weeks later (probably more at this stage) it still isnt complete. She cant recieve calls from any landlines or o2 mobiles.

That is a problem with O2's portability database. O2 have accepted responsibility for this.

As for the other problem. It is the agents fault in the Vodafone store that this has happened. When any persons wishes to port onto Vodafone, the person wishing to port must call the agents mobile with caller display enabled. This ensures that there is mix up between the numbers and ensures no one is being dishonest, or stupid. This obviously not done.

As far as I know, the port can be reversed without many problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Rorshach

I beg to differ. The word I hear down in the slums is that the dark side have put a limit on the amount of subs they'll port off their network each half day. Further abuse of market position.

I also heard that wodabones porting app wasn't working and they didn't bother to tell anyone. At least the customer experience is consistent.

Does anyone know why their ads (woda) took so long coming out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    That is a problem with O2's portability database. O2 have accepted responsibility for this.

Are they doing anything about it though? Cos from my perspective it seems that theyre doing one of two things - 1.Fupp all or 2. see number one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Does anyone know why their ads (woda) took so long coming out?

They wanted to make sure the system was reliable before they started pushing the availablity of the service.

I also heard that wodabones porting app wasn't working and they didn't bother to tell anyone. At least the customer experience is consistent.

Not true, in my experience they update all three companies within minutes of being aware its down. My experience, the same is the case for all of the networks.

Are they doing anything about it though? Cos from my perspective it seems that theyre doing one of two things - 1.Fupp all or 2. see number one.

Seemingly O2 are putting alot of effort into it. Mind you, the blame seems to be falling at the footsteps of the networks that customers ported onto. Sort of suits O2 at the moment as the first experiences with their new operator is bad. Sort of makes O2 look good.

Advertisement