Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DivX Codex

• 12-09-2003 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I've downloaded a few DivX movies recently like bulletproof monk, finding nemo etc that only play sound, ive looked around for codex for the video to no avail

any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

downloading films is illegal and not to be mentioned here, hehe

http://www.k-lite.tk/ - for purposes such as watching free/legal avi's/divx's codecs can be found here that will cover just about anything.

If you're going to do something illegal, don't tell the world about it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 OrionSystem

did i say movies.... i meant movie trailers... sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Look for a program called 'gspot', it will tell you what codecs you need to play a particular movie file. The most common codecs are in the nemo codec pack and the kazaa lite codec pack, which is available at the link bob_bot posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 OrionSystem

cheers again.... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

You can download the DivX codec at www.divx.com , or else the open-source ffdshow here: http://athos.leffe.dnsalias.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Virus_Inc

Personally I've seen codec packs - esp nemo - cause more issues than they ever solve. Besides which you're only likely to need about 5 codecs anyway - DivX, XviD, AC3, OggVorbis & MS Mpeg4.

Agree with Sico though - gspot is the dogs bollocks for info about video files...

Advertisement