Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi Monitors

• 12-09-2003 1:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

Was wondering if there's such a device out there that allows 3+ monitors to be plugged into 1 graphics card? it wouldn't be needed to expand a desktop but to show what's being shown on the main screen to 3 or 4 other monitors. does such a splitter exist? or would it not work due to different refresh rates of different screens etc...
    Thanks,
    Rob

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I seem to recall I Matrox graphics card that allowed 3 screens to be run. Other than that, possibly just a splitter box of some description would suit.

(The above advice is not a guarantee)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

hummm more or less looking for a cheap solution. nothing fancy just has to give output to the 3+ screens will be used for multi media purposes etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Theres something on the back of my monitor to plug another monitor into.. so id say you could just plug another monitor in...and so on and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Virus_Inc

The Matrox Parhelia is what you are refering to.. I had one at my last job - twas much goodness :) 3 x 19" flatscreens, 1 desktop. You could also do cloning, extended desktop as well as a spanned desktop. Dunno how much they are now - the one I had was about 900NZ when they first came out... It was the shiz for video editing :D

humm still not what i'm looking for exactly, i'm aware that you can put 2 monitors onto some graphics cards and even more with the matrox card but what i'm looking to do is use an oldish computer with more than likely an onboard graphics card to connect

something along this line i was hoping to find
    thingy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Bosco

You can get video splitter boxes to suit all budgets. I have seen 2, 4 and 8 output models. The cheapest just split and amplify the signal, and thus only 1 resolution/refresh rate can be used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ive seen them around but they were never cheap . always expensive .

ill try and think of somwhere that sell's one that will do 3 but i dont know any offhand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by Virus_Inc
    The Matrox Parhelia is what you are refering to.. I had one at my last job - twas much goodness :) 3 x 19" flatscreens, 1 desktop. You could also do cloning, extended desktop as well as a spanned desktop. Dunno how much they are now - the one I had was about 900NZ when they first came out... It was the shiz for video editing :D

by any chance did u work in citibank in the ifsc?

ive drooled over a similar setup to the 1 u described many times while passing an office window there

ah nice 1, it's good to know they exist. now to locate one :) thanks for the help guys

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Virus_Inc

Originally posted by whosurpaddy
    by any chance did u work in citibank in the ifsc?

ive drooled over a similar setup to the 1 u described many times while passing an office window there

I was working for a University in NZ doing video editing/media creation/production etc

Though we did find time to play with Unreal Tournament 2k3 & Unreal 2 on said machine..... Took a while to find how to modify the field of view settings but playing a fps with 3 screens was something awesome! Periphial vision rocks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement