Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Park Project

Options
  • 12-09-2003 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi all!

Oweing to the severe lack of skating facilities in this country, myself and a group of others have decided to look into providing a 6-700sq metre indoor facility somewhere in the greater dublin area. We are currently looking at some industrial sites in the Fingal area with a view to leasing a large warehouse in which to put the park.

Obviously the cost of this is going to be big and insurance could be a nightmare but we are determined to come up with the goods on this.

The park would be a private facility but would be open to all skateboarders, rollerbladers and bmx riders. It would be the largest indoor skate facility in Ireland and will hopefully house Irelands first proper vert ramp.

These sports are growing all the time in Ireland and the fact that very few facilities have been provided is a joke - I guess the council are too worried about bin charges to worry about the safety and developement of sites for the thousands of skaters all over the country.

We will be working with Five-0 skating to design a park unlike any other in the country with as many obstacles as we can fit without upsetting the flow of the park.

We would appreciate any input you have on this idea as we want to build the park for the needs and wants of the skating community in Ireland.

Thanks for your help.

Nige
    The church of Sk8tin Project - Come Worship!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

just noticed there was a forum for skating here

just wondering how you a progresing on getting this skatepark up and going

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

A couple of guys from my school were in the 'Evening Herald' recently with councellor Nicky Keogh and they were talking about having a new skatepark built in the Cabra area by the government and I believe he said it was free entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Any word on this skatepark in cabra area?

would be interesting to hear how thing are going of some one who is involved

Best of luck anyway

Jozi

Ps. make sure it's accesible to everyone, bmx-ers (there are a few of us), skaters and boarders (dont fancy digging up the oul rollerblades, rather buy skateboard and start doing that)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

No word yet but the place where its supposedly being built looks rather mediocre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 the savior

there must be a pool. there must be a pool.
    there are some out here who still needs old school facilities.

• Advertisement
Advertisement