Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Johnny Cash

Options
  • 12-09-2003 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

Sad to hear this!! RIP Johnny.

B.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Ah crap. That's really depressing. Though his wife died quite recently,so maybe it's good he wasn't that long after her. Wonder if they'll let him wear black in heaven, heheh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

Thats sad. I thought his version of NIN "Hurt" was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

It's a tragic loss.

He was a great great man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

legend

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Tragic.
    Apparently (workhorse that he was) he was recording up to a week or two ago, I eagerly await.

And yes, I'm sure they will let him wear black in Heaven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

http://www.transfatty.com/johnnycash/

you dont have to understand the RIP mix that transfatty did, but i think its very appropriate for such a man. his music will live on. thanks for hooking me up with country mr. cash.

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

boegy, didn't hear until the Frames lement for him on Dunphy tonight :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Originally posted by Paleface
    Thats sad. I thought his version of NIN "Hurt" was excellent.
    I agree.

Also another song from that album (The Man Comes Around) seems all the more sorrowful now..."We'll Meet Again"

He'll be sadly missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Typical of those ****s The Frames to try and bandwagon onto this sad event...

As if Glen Hansard's fake-ass grieving over Mick Christopher (singing Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris on TV and laying on the crocodile tears) wasn't bad enough.

It's time to end this Frames nonsense once and for all.

Who's with me? ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Originally posted by magpie
    It's time to end this Frames nonsense once and for all.

Who's with me? ;)
    At last, someone who feels the same way. They're a contemporary showband, that is all. They musically plunder what's popular, whack an Irish spin on it, add in 35% more "sincerity" and "emotion", play it endlessly in the same venues to the same crowd and expect to be lauded for it. Of course Hot Press fall for it hook line and sinker, but then again they let Niall Stokes communicate with the outside world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Amen brother!

I think the most galling thing was when a kid came up to me djing and asked for "that song Debaser by the Frames", as apparently they'd added it to their repertoire...

Is it time to ask for a Death to The Frames board?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Much as I love to lambaste that which is overrated, I'd like to venture back on topic.

In today's Guardian is the last interview with Johnny Cash. It mentions the new stuff he was working on right up until when he died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

Originally posted by magpie
    Typical of those ****s The Frames to try and bandwagon onto this sad event...

The Frames already included the “Ring of Fire” homage in their set prior to the sad departure of Mr. C. Check out their Setlist album for proof.
    So in fact they weren’t jumping on any bandwagon!!

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭patch

Originally posted by Robbo
    Much as I love to lambaste that which is overrated, I'd like to venture back on topic.

In today's Guardian is the last interview with Johnny Cash. It mentions the new stuff he was working on right up until when he died.

That's a good link Robbo. I'm looking forward to hearing his next album.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Originally posted by Robbo
    At last, someone who feels the same way. They're a contemporary showband, that is all. They musically plunder what's popular, whack an Irish spin on it, add in 35% more "sincerity" and "emotion", play it endlessly in the same venues to the same crowd and expect to be lauded for it. Of course Hot Press fall for it hook line and sinker, but then again they let Niall Stokes communicate with the outside world.

eh, im not a die hard fan but they sound good

and in a world where average-naughts like the Doves and Thrills make it big with similar stuff I think they deserve better than their current lot.

Theyre a decent band.

Bolox to the rest of the crap you people decide they have committed

Advertisement