Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens S55

• 12-09-2003 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

I won a siemens s55 a few weeks back (with the camera and all, but havent received it yet) but had a siemens before (c45) and found the battery life and speed of the phone a bit disappointing. Have siemens phones been improved a bit since then? I know i could always sell it but i havent got a clue about prices, and it does look *very* nice, just wondering if it works as well :)

I did try searching the forum.....but s55 is under the 4 letter minimum so no luck.

thanks in adavnce for any advice :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭muffinhead

I have just found these reviews on TheMobileRepublic website for the S55. They are currently selling it for STG£198.99 (EUR282.78) sim-free.

Average Customer Rating for the Siemens S55 Sim Free :
    from 10 reviews

Superb
    Review by: Anonomous dealer
    I own 15 mobile phones and I rank my siemens s55 2nd, just after my nokia 3300. This phone sets the standard for all siemens mobile phones.

5 out of 5
    Review by: Bananaskin
    Having just upgraded from a Siemens ME45 to the the S55 I find this new phone to be a gem. Just as easy to navigate through as the ME45 with more added features than you could want. And with the inclusion of Bluetooth (which I use daily) and tri band this is definately a winner. Now the wife has my old ME45, and she prefers it over the Nokia that she was using.

A little cracker !
    Review by: leighton
    Had this phone now for over 3weeks and finding new features all the time ! I have had motorola, nokia and panasonics but this the best phone by far! there is so many features on it take a website on its own ! give my panasonic gd87 to my wife because this phone nocks spots off it ! cant understand why it has not been pushed by the other operators.......its a little gem ! rating should be a 10 out of 5.........

sheer exellence
    Review by:
    I'm so happy to see that the coments about this phone are all extremely good and i cant wait to get it because i dont have to pay for it because i won it with fanta

Why can't they get specification right
    Review by: Jason
    This phone does have GPRS, Vibrate, Infra-red, Unlimited games and speaker phone and weighs 85g not 97g. A thoroughly good phone with lots of features. Refreshing if your bored of Nokias.

Fantastic little beauty
    Review by: Tommy
    Have just been so impressed from the standard of quality and the features included in such a well designed and funky little phone. Have been through hugh amounts of mobiles, but this one is one of my favourites. Has more than the features listed above and is very easy to use. Good one Siemens! :o)

Review by: Jon Matthews
    Just purchased this phone online, very good phone with plenty of features, never bought siemens before but im impressed. Camera is cool too but picture quality on the phone is not great, can do 640*480 vga which look good on a pc tho.

High Quality Feature Packed Phone
    Review by: Robert
    The phone is small and feature rish. Contrary to the specs given on this page the phone does have GPRS, Vibrate, Speaker Phone and Infrared Link. The sound quality on a call is very impressive and the phone also provides a good polyphonic engine to play medium sized midi files from your PC. Excellent phone loaded with feaures, as well as a good selection of games freely available off the net.

Sheer Quality
    Review by: Lynnster
    Once again, Siemens have produced a mobile that screams quality in every aspect. Beneath the full list of features including up to date data capabilities is a piece of technology that has been carefully constructed as a joy to use. The call quality is crisp and clear, the functionality of the keys and the menu systems are logical. This is a great update on the s series - its only unfortunate that they havent translated this quality to lower spec models or that the brand isnt as well recognised because this is truly an exciting product that deserves far more attention than it receives. As a convert to Siemens mobiles I would recommend anybody serious about their phones to give this one a try as you will not be disappointed!

Everybody (except one) gave it 5 out of 5, so it must be good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Just to add.

I have the S55 a few weeks now. I've previously owned a string of Nokias.

I love the S55 altough getting used to the slighlty different predictive text and the navigation is a bit of a pain. The battery life is OK but it would be better if there weren't so many good games to play with. It is a gem for games, e-mail, mms, wap etc and sync's well with outlook. My only complaint is that it only has a 1meg memory. More would be nice to carry more games around.

Cal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

thanks a lot for the help and advice guys! much appreciated!

Advertisement